Sunday, July 03, 2022

Independence Day 4 and Catching Drips

 



Remember yesterday's blog where I got highly motivated the afternoon and asked if fried chicken so I wouldn't lose the chicken that I had on hand, thought out? Will the truth of the matter was I cooked this chicken but the chicken was not my first choice. Initially, Friday evening was going to cook up a pound of bacon or maybe 2 pounds of bacon, big thick cut, smoked, bacon that I'd be able to have on Saturday morning as well as the rest of the holiday and upcoming week. I was stifled from the project because I couldn't find a container suitable around the apartment to store the bacon grease in which a be rendered from cooking the thick bacon. I eventually give up on the project. I think I've mentioned in the past I usually save one of the cans from the jalapeno peppers that I have daily which works great for housing the bacon grease. I can usually figure out a way to come up with a hack or solution but not Friday evening.


The chicken turned out much better than I anticipated and I threw together with the rice had earlier which will make decent meals for the coming week. But since I still wanted bacon yesterday morning as I was giving ready for the day I went to the Internet to exercise my prime account and sure enough I found a bunch of solutions for bacon renderings. And for less than $10 I found the vessel that would not only hold the bacon grease but strain the bacon grease as I poured the grease in to the vessel. When I ordered the item message actually flashed up indicating that it would arrive on Sunday, the next day. I took that with a grain of salt. I really didn't pay much attention since I had breakfast this morning with Mark Anthony to even get back to cooking bacon until the Fourth of July morning at the earliest.


I have this kind of weird habit which is to watch movies/videos about whatever holiday I might be experiencing. Of course, my choice of video for the Fourth of July has been Independence Day I guess I could consider Born On 4th of July but I would just as soon stairway from disability oriented movies. ID 4 is raw raw enough. After all that movie is nothing but but a 2 hour recruitment film. The video so over-the-top it's camp but perfect for the day. Interestingly. I hear a knock at my front door and when the person enters its Tim our resident senior Korean person who has taking a liking to me and has to bring anything outside my door to my attention. Today it was a box from Amazon and sure enough there was my new drippings container. So I guess that means tomorrow morning need to get up early and cook the bacon up not only for the Fourth of July but to christen my new kitchen device. On top of that my granddaughter is indicated that she be willing to do some sort of Fourth of July picnic in the afternoon. I am quite at a loss I don't know quite what to think of for the 1st time in a long while looking forward to the 4th…

No comments: