Monday, July 11, 2022

Keeping The Faith

 



I would not characterize the whole day as “Black Monday” but the day sure started off that way an immense challenge. I've kind of hoped that the charger for my left had charged the battery enough that are at least get me into the chair, the shower chair, but no way. It wouldn't even move not even a little bit. My caregiver, Melissa or just Lissa did miraculous job but there's nothing we could do. So is my job to find a solution and I end up calling my old friend at the Independent living Center to see if they had a hydraulic lift and sure enough they did excellent! Now the only problem would be with the lift mesh with the sling that came with the original lift and of course it wouldn't. This nearly broke my heart but I just keep thinking “this is only situational this issue will be resolved in life will go on”.


It was great seeing my buddy Kim again. At one time we shared offices across from each other at the Independent living Center and got to know each other very well. It's a shame that when you move on to another job news contact, but fortunately since Kim is the Independent living Center you has knowledge and equipment at his facility that can be loaned out to folks in need and many times I've gone to them for assistance on where the other. Kim brought the machine out to about 3 o'clock and regarded to the apartment and sure enough the sling I had would not work and I was totally afraid that the sling for the other machine would not work either. But since Lissa was coming back at 6:45 PM we would wrestle that serpent down together and just see what we get done. I worried all afternoon that the solution of this was not going to come in that I don't know what will happen if I had to go another day without pooping it been since Friday morning.


True to her word Lisa showed up about 6:38 PM and she could read the doubt to my face and instantly started telling me to “shape up and have a little faith in me” and I did. First figured away to use the the sling I have been using on the hydraulic lift – – the lift to pump up and down. It was going to be challenging but Lisa in her true form manhandled me, the sling and the left do some bizarre form of compliance and lifted me up on the shower chair I did my business, got showered and figure out an even easier way to sling me up after the fact. Getting me into the power chair and ready to go. Great pressure had been lifted from my mind. If I can talk my Wednesday Friday person into using this lift system might be able suffer long enough to the other replacement pieces for the lift get in. I just have to keep the faith it seems like I lose a fairly quickly stays I didn't used to be this way. I lived with much more hope…

No comments: