Sunday, July 17, 2022

Storming Sunday



Sunday It's a perfect Sunday night for me. A very hot be followed by radical pop-up summer storm accompanied with great winds, a promise of rain and a buildup of dark clouds wondering in all afternoon. I felt I done my duty for the day by leaving the property this morning when I met the kids for breakfast over at the restaurant. I certainly have enjoyed these Sunday morning meetings. I think I'm a little tired of the food part but the communing one with another is great. I wonder how long we can keep this up for now were playing just one day the time. I'm a little disappointed in the new book I just received in the mail by Kate Atkinson titled Case Notes I didn't realize the volume was a group of short stories. The title of the book should have tipped me off that I am pretty dense. Even when I read the descriptors on the back of the volume, you know those short paragraphs written by other writers about the book and what they feel about it called the comedy at times, a fun read and on and on. I'm into the 3rd story and so far everybody dies in the end some by axe, starvation and whatever and one child disappearance. I'm worried that this volume may be as dark as the volumes I put down because they're having a negative impact on me. And the more that I think of that I should have been somewhat aware because the 1st volume of this will I read Life after life was one person dying over and over over 2 world wars. So this woman is not above killing off the protagonist numerous times. I don't know what to do a kind of wanted it back into just a good old science fiction epic that will keep me busy for months at a time. I'll read a few more stories and see how I feel. Maybe you'll get lighter, who knows. Had, kind of a shock today. There is this lady who lives here name Cindy. She's the daughter of one of the residents here. The resident is quite elderly and Cindy provides a lot of physical support and care for her mother. But also Cindy is a bit of a “wild child”. That was the term that came up with me and my neighbor as we gossiped about various folks in the facility. Cindy is nearing 60 and states she has not wore a bra in 20 years. She's one of those fortunate females can pull something like that off. She has a vehicle which sits in the back of the parking lot surrounded by shrubbery and the trees. The vehicle does not run but is her escape mechanism. She just sits in there and smokes. I finally begin communicating with her in the hopes of enticing her to do some apartment cleaning and possibly even train as a possible emergency home health person for one reason or another. When I suggested this to Cindy she was excited should be able to earn cigarette money and who knows what else. She said should come by in a day or so she never showed up. Cindy ran into me this afternoon while I was out reading on the back porch of the building. She stressed and told me she couldn't work with me already the rumor mill that started lighting their tongues about our “affair”. She said she just couldn't handle subject and her mother to that kind of stress which I can totally understand and so I'm still searching for an apartment cleaner. Luckily, as I said the storm boiled up this afternoon and for brief shining moment cool things down…okay

No comments: