Sunday, July 31, 2022

Keeping My Focus

 


I really want to apologize for getting so distracted on yesterday's post. I started out talking about my need to make sure that I got my brothers card out in time to reaches home in Boise by August 5. So anyway let me see if I can finish that posting now.


When the driver let me off the 47 backtrack to the crossing light his face beaming as he was difficult reliving frosty mug of hires best. Luckily, I had my hat on and the days he was not a bother though I sometimes consider hitting the Arctic circle which is right by the light or visit a couple of the restaurants that are close by however again meaning that I would have to backtrack quite a ways. I was surprised when I pulled into the parking lot of the Mountain America Credit Union (MACU). The parking lot was full. Even more surprised when I went into the credit union and their people standing all over but very few in line. I still don't know what was going on. What's very interesting about this branch is that most of the tellers of not all are Spanish-speaking. So there's a lot of folk there that get service in their native language which I think is pretty cool. I was pleased that almost immediately I was called up to the teller got my cash in my $50 bill. This is the part that always kind of bums me out is that I want to backtrack one of those restaurants and get some of the eat but when I check my transit app I realize that my bus would come in and just less than 10 minutes and had rather be getting home that I would enjoy this great fast food. Besides, I had to keep focused because I still had to get to Harmon's to drop my brothers birthday card at the post office. I stopped at the apartment downloaded some stuff got something cool to drink and then headed out to Harmon's. It was a little later now that I think about it I still had to address the envelope stuffed the money into the card sealant that had out for the bus. It was early evening by the time I finally got to Harmon's thinking that there would be a last run of mail later in evening imagine my shock when I asked the service desk person at the little post office there what time the last mail went out. She looked at me without blinking and said our last mail run is 2 PM on Saturdays. 2 PM! I didn't go ballistic but certainly took the wind out of my sails. At one point time when I was on the bus I even thought about going the other way although it on the 21st S. Redwood Rd. to the post office there which is a pretty big project. The just seem so hot to go through all that energy is still have to wait for the trip back. I mean the service lady told me that letter probably wouldn't go out now until Monday morning sometime. I could just drop the mail in my own mailbox here at the apartment complex and got the same result. Hopefully, not counting Saturday or Sunday I will have about 5 days for my card to get from Salt Lake to Boise. And it probably does need to make that bigger difference except for the kind of does for me. Well got my fingers crossed and hopefully big brother will be happy just to get a birthday card and not think is been forgotten. That was my post which should've been last night but I got carried away with the hires root beer smile. I wanted to share my sheer frustration going through a lot of work for a minimal result…

No comments: