Monday, July 25, 2022

Old Fart Worries

 


It's like when will this holiday end? I really don't know what Utah is thinking to have the big parades on Saturday, nothing on Sunday except major fireworks in evening (the actual and real 24th of July and then today Monday, 24th of July observed. I had to keep telling myself that the 24th really not a federal holiday and most of the companies/businesses in the area are not shutting down. However having just wrote that a lot of the smaller operations for example the coffee shop across the street is closed today. But Postal Service worked today is that all the markets and restaurants even the bus system I think ran on. Regular schedule. I really didn't do a whole lot though basically enjoying the day and the holiday from the convenience and comfort of my apartment. That's close to the end of the month now and I wanted poll is little money out of my account as possible. I did think about going to the movies were just couldn't get up the the will. After all I still typically pump my bike from 2 o'clock to 3 on Mondays beginning my quest for the 200 minutes that I work out weekly. If I don't get out and do something early in the day than I mess up my home workout schedule and I guess I have to be anal on anything sticking to my physical workout regimen is worth it. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get back into life/routine by calling Assist, Inc. in the morning to see if we're going to have a volunteer EmergencyHome Repair meeting. I know we talked about it and Andrea's seemed indicate that we might have one but I remember from my days of having to have quarterly board meetings and how difficult they were to pull together after coming back from a holiday. Maybe my quarterly meetings were/are different because they had to represent the preceding quarter whereas the weekly meetings early covering a couple weeks usually. Other where it should be a good day for travel tomorrow so I'm looking forward to the morning.


I made it up this morning with little issues on the transfer. I've had trouble transferring the past 2 days trying to figure out how to safely make the move from the bed to the chair with a much smaller foot cage. The smaller foot box makes it more difficult for my feet to stick to the foot box and when my feet begin sliding out of the foot box when I transfer it not only causes a little spasticity but I tend to start sliding out of my chair. I have to be extra cautious and totally vigilant when I make this move I really don't want to have to have the fire department drop into pulling off the floor. I am certainly not afraid is using these good lads but I still want to use them sparingly and only when I need it. Perhaps it's also just a real learning curve getting used to the old chair. I sure hope the repair on the “new” chair comes back swiftly. I kind of doubt that will happen but the name of this lesson is patience and I think I'm really beginning to develop that skill set.


So today was the “recognized or celebrated” Utah Pioneer Day. The only reason I bring that up is that every night this weekend, this long holiday weekend, this neighborhood is gone crazy launching Stadium grade fireworks from the local parking lot across the street from our building. These motors are so huge they literally shake the building/Windows when they explode. Not to sound like an old fart but I'm terribly afraid that one of these times the mortars good tip over and shoot a firework straight at our building the start of major blaze. But I'm sure they'll never happen…

No comments: