Thursday, July 14, 2022

Wimpy Remembered

 




Remember Wimpy the famous little guy in the Popeye cartoons who is famous for trying to be enough cash off you to get a hamburger today with the promise of payment on Tuesday, whenever that Tuesday might come? I know it was just a cartoon every time I saw Wimpy downing his hamburgers I salivated and started Jonesing for a hamburger of my own. I think the committed reader to this blog if one goes back into the blog archive will find at least one posting about hamburger Friday or hamburger night, always on a Friday night my mom would make hamburgers for the family. We all plop down to watch TV with our hamburgers and a healthy portion of pig chips. That's not what this blog is about.today's blog is about hamburgers I made the other night.


I just realized I did write about hamburgers on Sunday are rather the Fourth of July when the kids came over for the celebration picnic. So I will try not to be too redundant. I want to focus on a piece of equipment that I got a couple of years ago and that is a hamburger press. One of the major frustrations of my life and I'm sure it would be if I able-bodied as well as a person with limited hand function is making adequate and thin patties. Invariably when I get the hamburger out of its wrappings which itself is a major feat for me is that I have a lump of ground meat got a fashion edible burgers out of. It doesn't matter if it's meatloaf that I have to put in the eggs and the onions and the bread and the green peppers I still have to go should around and want into a nice little lump to roast in the oven. With hamburgers I have to pretty much do the same Wrestle to meat from its wrappings through it in a mixing bowl add what flavorings I choose and then form smaller portions in my hand and tried to form smaller patties to put in the fryer pan. The patties are produce usually are kind of round but always stick in the middle not find little flat patties that moms used to make. Sometimes I buy those already form patties which a bid made by machines at the meat counter. Those machined burgers really aren't half bad actually. But anyway, I purchased a pound hamburger encased in a square wrapping and finally decide to cook at the other day. I'd had out for a couple weeks in the meet your but not opened. So what I did was open up to meet put in a plastic container the inductive on paper plate then with a sharp edge like a spatula the coveted before squares and use this burger press, I cannot remember where, then press it superhard on the hamburger square in the frying pan while it's cooking it makes a great burger and it did. I did the typical foursquare cut than fried them up and toast the buns and have been eating on them all week to great way to make fast food and I recommend finding a hamburger press somewhere if you're still in the making your own burgers they are perfect…

No comments: