Monday, July 04, 2022

Inclusion

 


Remember yesterday when I reported that chatting with my granddaughter, Jasmine, we basically came upon the idea that we should have some sort of family get together to celebrate the holiday. We even got to the point is asking what time we should have the function. And it was settled about 1 PM on 4 July, today. I pretty much let things go from there on and this morning I'd not heard anything from the granddaughter in all honesty as we were chatting yesterday I don't know what happened but I got involved in something else there is a five-hour block in time that I didn't respond to her last message. So I did know what she thought. But anyway, about 10 AM we may contact again with each other this morning and decided that we would have it here at the apartment complex and I would man up and use the perfectly good gas barbecue here at the apartment complex. Like I've said before Jews only once a year at the resident appreciation day and then sits idle for the rest of the year except for when I've used it on my own analysis for years ago. So we decided or I volunteered to get the hamburger and whatever else we might need as far as bunds chips things let nature and I asked them just to bring a watermelon. I wasn't sure how resourceful with kids were. I assumed over to Macy's the market picked up chips, hamburger patties already formed and a pound of meat which would be back up to make burgers if we had to make more. Therefore premade burgers in the package that I got backdated the 3 of us, Jackson, Jasmine and myself with a burger left over I figure we're okay. Then it was back the apartment to wait I was kind of excited however I was doing something on the holiday!


I have such little experience in planning these kind of things I felt a little guilty not being better prepared. At 1 o'clock the kids still not gotten here and only 20 minutes later I text that there in the parking lot and sure enough they were and I was quite surprised because they were parked next to another vehicle which ended up being Mark Anthony's. Now I really felt guilty because I didn't think to ask Mark Anthony because when we were talking/visiting at breakfast on Sunday is figured he had the day planned already and all the things that he was planning to do. But Jasmine called and hear Mark was. I don't know why but this really comforted me a lot I knew we could get whatever need to do done. We were still flying by the seat of our pants which is okay we're together, we are a family we are having fun we're having a Fourth of July cookout – – just like normal people. When the got together at the apartment we found that J&J (Jasmine and Jackson) I would pretty much gotten the same items except they also got a jug of lemonade pickles hamburger chips. We had more than enough stuff we reset. We put all the stuff together, seasoned the hamburger patties went down to the barbecue and opened it up cleaned it up a little bit and turned the gas on and the flame and we're off. There are tables then the common area of the patio one of a with a big umbrella that's where we sat and set up our operation Mark pretty much cooked the burgers with cheese the kids opened up the lattice sliced onions in the tomatoes and we had a great lunch. I was a little concerned just because I hadn't asked anybody to use this barbecue – – I never did before and after you let me know if I shouldn't be doing this – – but nobody came out and stopped us a number of people stopped and cheered us on. We probably dined 45 minutes to an hour then everything slowed down. We ate watermelon and then cleaned up marking the kids were on their way. Mark Anthony was exhausted he needs to sleep but he's got some projects is got a do a little worried about Jasmine she seemed very tired as well but also she may have gotten a little bit overheated. Jackson seem to have things in hand however for the drive home.


I have to admit this is my best Fourth of July and I don't how many years. Filled with hamburgers, juice, chips and watermelon and of course family. It would be nice but other family members been able to be present but this worked and I'm thankful for the inclusion 1st time in a long time – – happy 4th to everyone

No comments: