Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Hot!

 


I have to come clean. All my talk about love in the heat (and I do), loving the summer (and I do) and such I have to admit it's getting too hot even for me outside meaning of course that I am spending a lot of time either inside or outside into a shaded area reading and sometimes visiting with other individuals at the apartment complex. I even turned on the air conditioning system to the apartment which I've really done this year are in any of the years I've been here but now I'm dabbling in the beauty of central air, if we have central air, it's just fun to say but I can certainly feel the apartment almost immediately begin to cool down when I turned on the air conditioner just now. I still plan to turn it off the system completely when I go to bed but I think I'll enjoy the bliss of refrigerated air until then.


Since I didn't have to I didn't go anywhere today and I kind of doubt I will tomorrow either but you never know. I didn't even put my shoes on today because I knew I was sticking around so I decide to be a no shoe Charlie.


Perhaps the biggest event of my day was when I received a phone call from my old friend Charlotte. It is literally been years since I last heard from Charlotte, we work together for a number decades at the Independent living Center here in town. Then a couple years ago she kind of fell off the grid. I wasn't sure what happened I wasn't even sure if she was still alive except that I would hear reports from other folks in our group often on of her being out there. I called the phone number I had for her off and on but never gotten a response. I didn't get a disconnect message when I did call so I assume the number was still valid I just wasn't good enough return. She of course started with profuse apologies of the involvement with life and all it takes to stay up with life – – and I truly understand this chaos controlled or otherwise of what we call life. Charlotte is even older than I am she has a family of course they of course all grown and have families so Charlotte is a major grandmother and stays in contact with their offspring. That alone would keep her busy and make a recipient of major grandparent awards if there were such things. It's a shame but Charlotte is not very tech savvy she has a very old cell phone and doesn't use things like texting or messaging all the other things that many people use to stay connected these days. Maybe I can talk her into getting some new technology. There's a senior program run by the state that can get you technology of this nature they cannot afford said technology. It was great to talk with Charlotte. I'm glad she's still alive. This is been kind of a weird week for me in the 2 individuals I wrote about yesterday passing on. Charlotte informed me that she just returned from the hospital for she had a complete right shoulder replacement surgery! I assume she has a support network in place. Harry is her husband and should be a great caregiver. I assume he's still retired with Baker's lung's. I told to stay in touch. She is a close friend of another friend of mine Lori, a written about Lori from time to time and the 2 of us have been trying to find Charlotte for a couple years now we have we just have to nurture her back to regular life and maybe she can join the writers Guild. She would be fun to have…okay

for many years Charlotte was Mrs. clause of course I am Mr. Klaus a.k.a. center

No comments: