Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Wednesday's Words

 


I hate to be fixated on this equipment malfunction that I'm currently going through. It's weird how I keep having to go through equipment malfunctions one way or the other whether his power chairs, patient lifts or whatever I need to be using to be more independent. Once again this morning I get the Stonewall phone call from the shop where the lift was purchased. They of course told me that nothing has come in shipping yet. It'll even give me encouragement like “well, nothing this morning but maybe if this afternoon's mail or check back tomorrow maybe will come tomorrow”. I just have to hang the phone of go on with my day. I was pleasantly surprised however at how well Gloria, my caregiver, got me into the sling for the lift today as opposed to the struggle Melissa and I suffered on Friday and really kind I had me worried all weekend long not knowing how Gloria would respond. Gloria is a real take control type lady and she did stretching and tugging on hooking and lifting soon she had me in the left elevator over the commode chair. I must confess it really gave me hope. Knowing this, I look forward to Friday's involvement with the lift and hopefully by then the order will come in with the part that I need for the other left. I also have to admit that not having to rely on external power our battery power the hydraulic pump lift, has been rethinking the whole lift question. But even the best the scenarios with the hydraulic lift my staff prefer the automatic lifting capability and not having to pump pump pump like the girls who have to make lemonade at the Dog on a Stick at the local mall food Pavilion.




Today was Writers Lunch, the lunch 3 of us have together usually once a quarter just to get together and go over our lives and supposedly reviewing at peace with written. At least I have not submitted much the other 2 have been fairly steady in providing something to read and critique. Today Jerry, the retired newspaper writer for the local rags, brought in a piece he's been working on. Interestingly, it's a bit risqué, racy. Which one would think is out of character for this writer but not really. I'm surprised he has the courage to do this under his regular name I doubt that I would be so bold and I don't even have a following – Jerry does. But takes a level of courage and honesty I think I'm lacking in that area possibly this is something I can work on it I don't know. I was asked if I was drawing anything or sketching anything my had to say no most, embarrassed. The only thing I can really talk about is the fact that I keep this silly blog every day, day in day out, 500 words a day now by registering that many thoughts together on one item I'd have a book in no time but you know I just don't think it's going to happen. …

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't underestimate the importance of this blog. This blog provides a historical record and much insight into your life. I find it very interesting.