Sunday, July 10, 2022

Makon Bacon

 



Do you get that feeling, ever, the time is running out? I got up this morning when I realized today was the 10th. This month is one third over which means the summers that much closer to being over as well. I couldn't think about it long however I had a breakfast date with my son over at the local restaurant. I didn't sleep well last night probably the heat sauce a little groggy this morning but as up and at the restaurant.


I was back at the apartment by 10 AM and my son was kind enough to stop by and help me clean up a little bit as well as lift things I cannot reach and fasten things I cannot fasten. Today the task was attaching a zipper pull onto a pair of shorts that I broke off last week. Just a few things but I appreciate having them taking care of. He also worked on cleaning off my workstation in front of the computer screen. I finally finished the book I been reading for 2 or 3 weeks now may be a shade longer it was a good read and I ordered another novel by the same author. Hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week and will keep me busy for the rest of the summer reading wise. I like to have something to read anywhere from 45 minutes to one hour before I go to sleep. I have some backup novels but I keep around that I enjoy reading over and over again. I've written about it before especially when I was writing about my favorite summer reads. This novels by Stephen King one of my favorite summer authors.


Yesterday, in the evening I cooked up a pound of bacon are probably more than a pound it was thick cut black pepper crusted. The cook turned out okay. I used almost the lowest settings on the stovetop burners and opted to be patient while the bacon crispped. If I had not had the breakfast engagement I would love to put together a egg cheese bacon breakfast sandwich. I don't like consuming the thick pieces of bread that I have access to right now but it is mighty good. I need to get a loaf of that paper thin bread for making tomato lettuce sandwiches BLTs as well as toasted tomato and tuna fish. Both of these are fantastic in the summer session with copious amounts of chips. Growing up that was a summer treat when the tomatoes started coming on the vines in the garden and they really had to much fruit to deal with. We would have 2 or 3 nights of the BTL's are toasted tuna fish delights. I kind of miss those days. I was able to use the new bacon can. This device is going to be very handy in the coming months. It's not like them to do anything with the bacon grease but I guess I could if I knew what I was doing now's just a great place to dump to grease as I cook and then secure the top. The top is a snug fit so well not easily tip over and make a horrendous mass. As I said it was a pretty good day. I even made a new friend someone on the Internet who was interested in on my blog posts on another venue. Looking forward to a new week and especially possible monsoon storms at the end of this week but I believe that when I see it… And feel at :-)

No comments: