Monday, July 18, 2022

My Mantra

 


I'm becoming quite the house plant. I'm preferring to stay either in my room or out at the end of the building under the overhang quietly reading and greeting people as they leave the building not because I want to but because I'm there. I could read on my own patio or go someplace else like the park next door or whatever but I like himself and the building under the overhang. Just me a great view of the flight path of the big jets coming to an exiting Salt Lake international Airport. At least I think it Salt Lake international Airport I'm just astounded at how many they are in the frequency in which they come in to the terminal. No wonder air-traffic controllers have such a high suicide rate got a be a killer job.


I texted my older brother today he's just had some kind of surgery can't remember if it's his shoulder or hip. He is now recuperating at home since we doing okay is in a lot of pain. For his wife passed away they had a stair glide installed in their split level home along with some other accessibility features. I'm so glad you had that done it's got a make his recuperation a little bit easier. As I said the house is split level is no way I can access the place by myself so a text will have to do. I wish I could do more for him because he done so much for me in my life as a person with a disability. But he's tough and I'm sure will be doing just fine by the end of the summer. I don't know what kind of limitations this kind of surgery leaves the individual. Like when I moved in here one of the resident advisors was a nice guy by the name of Jimmy he was a tough little guy he actually lifted me off the floor once when I fall out of my bed and had to call him in the middle of the night. Then he had to have a hip replacement in one of the requirements following that surgery was that he could no longer lift heavy items. He and his wife phased out as resident advisors shortly after that. Life is a trade-off it always is. Maybe I'll just have to learn not to call my brother every time I think I need an assist . It's tough getting old I think that's probably the best mantra I have.


I'm doing okay though, this 1st day of the week. I'm excited because tomorrow I have a reason to go jump on the train and go downtown for my Assist, Inc. meeting. It's just a little deal but it certainly does revalidation is a human being. The temperatures are still triple digit along the Wasatch front but we've been blessed with almost daily showers which has significantly, I think, lower the temperatures. Tomorrow will be hot but that's okay to rain or no rain all have a hat on and my shorts on and I think I will do just fine. Once again, when you don't do anything but sit around the apartment reading our pump in your arm bike or doing paperwork for your housing certificate subsidies does not leave you as much to write about. That's the major pain about being very noncreative. Speaking of mantras I like to think perhaps the most favorite is “a writer writes” whether that's true or not I don't know it certainly why I keep this beleaguered blog going day after day

No comments: