Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Cleaned Teeth Clean Wallet


Dr. Anderson was right. My mouth feel great this morning with just the faintest feeling of sensitivity in the area that he adjusted yesterday and I suppose will get only better as time goes on. It was expensive but what can I say you get what you pay for and in that regard today I had a follow-up meeting with the good people of Wasatch dentistry and surgery. Today I had my teeth cleaned and let me assure you was at my own request. I don't want to suggest that the company was moneygrubbing it was not. I've never really understood the concept of teeth cleaning. It's something that I never endured growing up in fact I went years between dentists visits. I wish I'd been better trained and tooth maintenance. I know my folks did their best and how they brought me up but I really have a lot of mistakes made and I made most of them. Of course, now I'm paying for the the lax nature of my oral hygiene.


Annette is the doctors sister and also my dental hygienist on staff… I guess. They've never really figured out who so in the zoo there. But over the years I've visited with Annette and get the impression that she and the good doctor have a tenuous relationship. I like both of these folks so I don't want to get to ambivalent one to the other. But during the examination/tooth cleaning a number of issues popped up one in particular a tooth that needs to be crowned if it's going to be saved. I'm in favor of this option since I use this to the lot to do a lot of grinding and stuff particularly nuts and I eat a lot of nuts. Technically, the crown that's going to be used is a synthetic something and is a temporary crown. Annette explained to me that this could be 10 years as a temporary crown. For me that might be a lifetime now and if I make it to the end of 10 years I'll get another one I think that's pretty iffy. After the cleaning in the meeting with the DOC who explained to me the ins and outs and need for the crown to save the tooth the cost would be upwards of $500 may be more round 565 or something a lot of taco's that's for sure. I have an appointment now kind of in the middle of April with the option that if someone cancels the call me back in book right over and they do the procedure then. So hundred dollars for the adjustment another hundred for the tooth cleaning the bills are adding up. I'm so glad I have a lot of room on my credit line is its rights and the park a lot of this misery and then systematically begin to work the balance down.


On the positive side the day actually felt like spring even if there was more storms coming today and probably for the rest of the week. I took the bus up to the Harmon's post office and got a book of stamps – – it's time to do kid letters – – and I also got a meal from this Mexican place that Mark and the family got me for Christmas or maybe my birthday. I was impressed there is $25 on the gift card so I got the food in a to go tin and took her home for late lunch early dinner. What's important more than anything else was today felt like spring like spring…


No comments: