Sunday, March 26, 2023

More Oral Pain!

 


I'm not writhing in pain but I am in pain. The pain is still somewhat intermittent but it's definitely there and getting worse. I have only taken two ibuprofen last night but I think I might be increasing the frequency and the next day or so. My dentist will not be back in his office until Tuesday at the earliest and I'm sure I can make it till then. But I also know that frequency of things likes are getting more frequent and intense wish me luck.


I actually slept pretty well getting almost 6 hours of sleep which is a bit of a rarity. It's Sunday so I had breakfast with Mark Anthony today. Jasmine was the sand dunes with Jackson and his family. We had a good breakfast and a good discussion. Just as I figured the snow event moved to total of such front. We did not cut our breakfast short but I felt a pressing need to get back to the apartment before snow increased to the point of true discomfort and even safety. Other than that it's better very quiet day. I'm somewhat fixated on keeping my tooth pain at bay and not ingesting anymore. I need to so I don't have a major accident (poop-wise) before tomorrow morning when most will come for my regular program.


I've been somewhat defeated the past couple weeks as it seems my bowel was getting full the point of spontaneous emission on the three-day period between bowel movements on the weekend. However, I've been somewhat relieved cruising around some of the spinal cord injury websitesa on Reddit. I'm finding that even the worst of my bowel issues are nothing compared to what other spinal cords are having to do or on a regular basis. I sometimes forget to knowledge how fortunate I have been over the half a century since my accident. Remember, up to my 1st stenosis I was totally independent as far as bowel management and care goes. Oh, I had a major bowel blowout every couple years and they always worried me if not humiliated me and kept in constant fear but never stopped me from living my life. These people I read about on the website just blow me away at the significance of their disabilities and are trying to manage such a dependent lifestyle. If anything I think I'm suffering what everybody does going through the aging process that's losing more and more abilities. I do not like to think about this but loss of control is certainly a fact of life as we all age. Right now I'm okay with the whole concept of pooping my pants in private or in public knowing that I'll be cleaned up and be okay to go once everything is taken care of.. I don't really the idea of losing these skills but I'm like everybody else and that just winding down like everyone else.


Right now my major concern is getting through the night and the next day with this tooth about ready to go nova and to be ready to deal with the consequences should that happen.…

No comments: