Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Coffee – Toes

 


I knew it was going to be a challenging day just in the weather report. Cold temperatures, overcast skies and intermittent rain with the possibility of snow – – luckily I did not have to experience the snow. The 2 things I had on my agenda for today was 1st to get the refreshments for tomorrow's coffee social and head down south 40 blocks toenails trimmed as I do every 9 weeks. It's a small perk from my insurance coverage but I sure enjoy the benefit more so than I ever would have anticipated. You, my dedicated reader, have endured many posts about my podiatrist Richard,my podiatrist is a great guy and always takes time visit with me besides just doing my toes. Richard has a great foot -side manner. Today, even worked on my thumb . I neglected to trim my nails this week in my right-handed thumbnail got a little out of control for the rest of the thumb causing significant pain and the enough blood to be unsightly. I think Richard is kind of superhero in my estimation. As a nice little podiatrist practice with his brother (as I understand it) and his kids at least one of is in medical school also be a podiatrist. I don't know if they're going to practice together what's going to happen when this kid finished medical school and podiatry school. We've known each other long enough that we have glimpses into each other's lives in these 15 to 20 minutes meetings we have every 9 weeks. We touch base catch with whatever season we are experiencing, finish a home away rain, sleet, snowor the heat of August we keep my nails trimmed and good to look at.


The other project I have today was crossing the street to the market and more specifically to the dollar store beside the market. I took the paltry sum collected from last week's coffee social to purchase items needed for tomorrow's social. I'm surprised how well the cheap cookies I got last week went over with the folks so, I did the same for this week only I also have to purchase decaffeinated coffee. It seems there is only one individual who comes to coffee the drinks only decaffeinated. So technically set for tomorrow but the little concerned because Jennifer was like the front desk manager of this operation apartment complex is going to be off for the rest of the week and it just occurred to me she has the key to the cupboards in the kitchen where the coffee is brewed. I sure hope she remembered to leave the key. If not will have to think outside the box I totally think the event will go off okay even if we have to prove costly at all apartments bring it down for the rest of the folks. I don't think we will have a problem other than too many cooks coming in the kitchen. I will visit this topic more, I'm sure, and future blogs. As for nowme we're still in the honeymoon phase where I supposedly in charge of the coffee operation. More come…

No comments: