Sunday, March 19, 2023

So Long Sunday

 


I have just about made it through another weekend. I suppose that's not a great feat but in my mind it is. I went to coffee and then this morning I had breakfast with my kids. Other than that I pretty much from around the apartment watching movies enjoying the 2 days. All don't forget I washed clothes and put them away on Saturday so wasn't totally slug like But enough to feel guilty enough to write about it tonight.


Is it funny that I feel bad because I did nothing but watch TV and yes, I actually went to a movie yesterday. But for some reason I feel like a slacker. And I spent the same amount of time with my novel then I would feel like I've accomplished something. I sat on place and moved my eyes over countless words. What's the difference between reading and spending time watching something on the flatscreen? One seems more acceptable than the other but they're basically both the same exercise except read guess is a little more physical. It's interesting the act of going to the movie allowed me to spend an inordinate amount of time visiting with my granddaughter about the movie and sharing with her my thoughts about the movie. It was truly an interesting experience visiting with my granddaughter and trying to visit the movie through the same eyes. Then if we had the same conversation with her father my son, Mark The discussion gets better and possibly a bit more animated as we all have various feelings on different aspects of the movie how good or poor movie might be. Perhaps, the only thing that would be more interesting would be we all got the movie together and had a after movie lunch/dinner to discuss the pros and cons of our movie experience.


In my continuing quest to do as little as possible on Sunday/Sabbath I've been living off of Jalapeno peppers juice with celery topped with ice cubes and the Chinese food leftovers brought by the kids on Thursday at our dinner here at the apartment. I cannot believe how much they left with still have probably 2 meals if not more left to enjoy. This kind of food is great even cold so I have not even-working heating up the meal. Just open the Styrofoam box or cutesy Asian food origami containers. You Got a love this culture.Over the years they have thought of everything. I was admiring one of the rice containers all folded up and nice if there was no metal on the container it all so conceivably I can just pop the container into the microwave dinner/breakfast in a flash. We live in such blessed time. So we offered a prayer or anything but we did sit and contemplate just how likely were to have as much food as we do. My son commented on the fact that one container of rice would probably be an individual for a week whichever leaves of benefit exaggeration but I think there's some relevance to the thought.


This is been a good weekend. Everything works I am in very little pain and looking forward to starting the whole thing over tomorrow

No comments: