Thursday, March 30, 2023

Who''s In Charge?

 


Snow fell again today but it was a light snow probably a warm snow but I don't know I did not spend any time outside I seem to have enough inside to keep me busy for today. Of course it was coffee Thursday and yesterday, Irene the older individual here who is been helping me with the coffee indicated she would not be around because she had a doctors appointment but would lay everything out before she left. And this she did. She even had the coffee makers out stoked and ready to go. Since today is Thursday I found it best to start my wash before the coffee social that if I have to have a convenient escape I have always got the clothes. I was kind of surprised when I did get to the common room Tim the little Asian lady was quite a character was in the area preparing the coffee. This is kind of strange to me and that she basically walked off the job couple weeks ago and that was the reason that I sort of took over. Now she seemed to be owning the position again I don't know why that sort of bugged me but it did. Because I couldn't figure out who had ownership of today's preparation. I kind of faded out hanging around just in case I was needed I did go down to the apartment and get the cookies I purchased on Tuesday. Rochelle, the agency plant, had dropped off some muffins and cake for treats as well. It's beginning to get a little gooey if you ask me.


Tim get a great job of brewing the coffee and then waitressing at around to everyone who needed hot fill-ups. The dollar bills were collected and handed to me and I was in and out checking on my laundry making sure the close got into the dryer and started. There were no squabbles speak of no levels of territory but I guess that's a good sign. Interestingly Jennifer the building manager came across to one of those bank money pouches that was identified as coffee money. It kind of belong to the lady who was sort of doing some of the coffee prep before the must have been hundred dollars at least, more than enough money for donuts. I handed Jennifer the water $1 bills that I had been given there must've been 10 or $12 more than enough for treats for next coffee. I will continue to ramrod this event until I'm told not to that's just the kind of employee that I am I guess that term is now volunteer. I'm getting the sense that people are enjoying the coffee time regardless of who's in charge as long as they get the coffee in their cookie/cake or whatever. I was a little worried that with Rochelle not being there, she's our fluent Spanish speaking person, that the other Spanish speakers might feel left out but I was quite proud of my friend Janet and a couple of the other folks who were visiting right along with the group of Spanish-speaking ladies and have a great old time.


For whatever reason my apartment is a picture of chaos. For some reason the wheels of my power chair of start tracking all kinds of dirt/mod/dust onto my wood floors making them look atrocious. I may have to start sweeping twice a day. I think for the rest of the night I will spend it trying to clean up a little bit as we get into the weekend. I was able to do the letters of yesterday now I just need to address the envelopes print the letters themselves make sure I have enough cash to mail to the kids. I'm right on time for April…

No comments: