Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Ready For Prime Time

 


I'm having the weirdest reoccurring dreams last couple of weeks. I'm aware of these dreams just before waking. In the dream I seem to be aware that I'm being influenced or perhaps controlled by a program some sort. This isn't necessarily a nightmare but it's peculiar because in that weird way that dreams, everything seems to make sense and I can see how our time together and a few little spooked but then I wake the clock and then, as dreams do, the dream begins to dissolve back into my conscious. And soon I'm just left with the most peculiar feeling that something happened that I wasn't quite sure and I plow into my day.


Today was not necessarily a busy day but I have things to do in one of them was to go downtown for me at Assist, Inc. at 11 AM. Since I'm bussing I have to make /take all the time differentials into consideration. Got a make sure to leave in time so that I have time to burn at the train station which will take me into town. Today I caught the 9:18 AM 47 into the train station which pretty much got me to downtown Salt Lake at the library stop at around 10:25 AM so I have time to kill. I didn't have the energy this time to go all the way to the 7-Eleven for coffee and was delighted when I went into the library to realize their little coffee shop was left again open to doing business. I was delighted and grabbed my coffee and ham roll which is really too many calories and it looked a lot better than it tasted. I enjoy being back at the library drinking coffee and acting like a cool guy even though I look like one of us folk who often haunt this joint. I grabbed my red fleece wrap around this morning as I left the apartment not knowing just how cold today was going to be or whether it be wet or dry. Think the red wrap would do the job which it did at the cost of my dreary appearance. A blended very well with the other riffraff. Actually, I was the only other person sitting at the tables scattered around the floor near the libraryfirst-floor entrance.


We had just a few names consider today's today's meeting which went quickly however Andreas visit with us volunteers about passing out information to various sectors of Salt Lake County that we need specific requests from. We still have money in the coffers to cover the Taylorsville area so I got my little packet of brochures I think I will drop off at the Taylorsville senior center directly across the parking area for my apartment complex. Needless to say today's meeting was short and finally broke down into some sort of self appreciation circle but I have to leave quickly but everyone focused on how great I seem to be. Boy, do I have these guys fooled. It got pretty sticky. Since I was still feeling somewhat bloated from the ham roll I didn't even go down to Taco Time for my beloved meat stick and cheesy fries. I jump the train came on to enjoy an afternoon working on my arm bike, NPR and Amazon prime…

No comments: