Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Pill!

 



I am a pill clean and simple a troublemaker. I don't see myself this morning at least I don't think so but I think other people are beginning to see me as a pill. I believe I've written at length on my disgust of predators who prey on seniors or with people disabilities that matter. I probably gotten used to the song and dance man/people who show up on our bases here at the apartment complex trying to dress up their sales presentations as bingo games, free food and treats as well as free medical checkups focusing on blood pressure, medical screenings for one tragedy or another or raffles. Seriously, these corporations only play on these folks desire to get something for nothing. I usually don't mind or just bought the whole presentation.


This whole thing starts with announcements based at the front door alerted me that there will be a “presentation” and a couple of days or so and be sure to plan to be there. There will be games, food and of course prizes. And of course there will be bingo. I just hate wasting time on boardgames and other games of chance kind of like bingo. Today's presentation seemed a bit more serious something about care provider medical, auditory, ocular will be having a medical clinic at one of the buildings that the parent company owns/manages. There will also be able to access these clinical resources at our own building at different times of the week. This was a definite twist to the usual. I actually considered going but the event was going to be late today 4 PM. What a weird time? In all honesty, I basically forgot about the event was on my way to get out of the apartment to run over to the market to pick up some cookies from the dollar store for tomorrow's coffee social. The day was pretty warm even overcast but the precipitation stopped. One get over tomorrow back to truly did not spend time with my peers at a snake oil similar. But I got a knock on my door just as I was leaving it wasbig Jimmy telling me the event was about to begin. Took a deep breath I should at least make a showing. Earlier in the day Jennifer from upfront quasi begged to show up to increase the numbers present. That was the main reason I went. But it was just as I thought just better and more organized. I must admit I didn't pass out real meals of individual meat loaves, accompanied with with something green and mashed potatoes. I declined my dinner and anything else they tried to give me. Of course I refused a bingo card how trite? Can't believe the way these people suck into this cheap form of advertising and or manipulation. I stayed as long as I could but I yet to get treats for tomorrow's social. I was off the market. I was almost afraid I'll get caught by the social worker type person and demand that I participate that did not happen.


Not that I want to be but I'm pretty sure I'm becoming a pill

No comments: