Saturday, March 11, 2023

Remember When ?

 


Finally, a perfect beautiful day today along the Wasatch front albeit a little chilly but the sun shines bright very little with and temperatures in the mid-40s This morning and afternoon did feel like spring. So much so that I have not even worn shoes today! That may not be a big deal for you but for me that's wonderful. Of course this morning was Coffee Across the street at Hidden Peaks. I thought about wearing my Avengers blanket across the legs but in the last minutes decided against. I was actually running a little late and slept until 10 minutes after 7 AM. If I were to wear shoes I would have been very late for a coffee crew. I was still 1st to arrive and I was just able to snag table. The place was packed after last week where very came out for coffee today was just the opposite I was able to snag table when other folk wondered in. I felt a little bit conspicuous with no shoes but that's that soon passed no one seemed to care.


I might point out that even before I went over for coffee I was very busy throwing together a last-minute breakfast. Yesterday I thawed that one of the tubes of sausage I had picked up at one of the quick sale bins of the market. I'm trying to make more room in the freezer of the refrigerator so one force myself to making some kind of breakfast sausage which I did today. I had about an hour after I dressed before I need to be at the coffee shop so I slid open the tube of sausageAnd threw it in the right adding dried onions, garlic powder and frozen green peppers lonely freezer last summer. Once I have the sausage on its way to cooking I had the rest of one of my packages of tater tots frozen. I was feeling the juice and feeling creative I had pulled out most of the sausage pieces of material already listed I let them thaw and cook together. About 20 minutes later is mixed everything up again adding 3 eggs with everything together some more and cook. Knowing that I was not going to be able to long breakfast or say won't have enough ingredients will be able to put together some breakfast burritos for the upcoming week. I was happy, had totally destroyed kitchen but was happy to be cooking again.


I needed to pick up a few things At the market. By the time I need to shop the dazzling crystal clear sky had clouds wandering in. Still want however so I grabbed my basket and headed out the door. I really did not need to much I was out for for the social exercise shopping. I wanted some fresh fruit as well as vegetable juice and more Jalapeno peppers. I also need to p some steak to work on building some more blood in my system since I drained a little bit this past week. The prices were high they all are anymore. I wanted to replenish my soda supply. I've just about used all the bottles of pop I had stowed away in my pantry. Realize I have to be careful when purchasing quantities of liquid like the vegetable juice, soda or anything else liquid all of these items get heavy quickly especially riding on top of my legs.I have to be careful on how I purchased things but even more so how they are arranged for my roll back to the apartments. As I was sitting at the soda beverage display trying to make my mind up between 7 –up or Sprite voice behind me indicated he was having a difficult time deciding as well. I was kind of startled. He went on further to say he couldn't believe how prices were as high as they were. I agree indicating that I knowledge that my parents stories of surviving during the depression of the 1930s he laughed and agreed. Is true however prices are as high as a cats Back. I now think of their stories often and how hard it must have been for them. The few items I came to $57! It really wasn't that much basket wise between yesterday and today I spent over $100 on groceriesThat is expensive recreation I got to stop having so much fun…okay

No comments: