Friday, March 24, 2023

Patience Is The Key


I get so impatient at the end of the winter beginning of spring. I want nice warm, sunshiny days and if the weather has to be inclement I want bright, brash, bombastic thunderstorms in the afternoon after cooking all day in the sky. I don't want cold, wet heavy snow falling down or being driven sideways by absurd winds being by invisible atmosphere rivers. That's what I got this morning upon waking looking out my window to see snowflakes seeming the size of my hands not drifting but the thrust downward from a gray and angry sky. I was more fascinated that threatened. I had no commitments outside the complex today. I could withdraw into my cocoon electronics, heat and solitude.


I have made fresh coffee early so that if my home health person needed warming it would be there for her. I did get a call later in the morning indicating she was not sure if she would make it because the snow is falling so hard she could not get onto the interstate but she persisted and eventually showed up at my door. I truly appreciated the effort in making it through the snowstorm on fumes in the gas tank. I gave her a $10 Tip for showing up and more than anything else to get a few gallons of gas until she's able to cash for paycheck. It was the least I could do.


I will tell many people/Associates that I tip my help. It could be in the form of coffee, breakfast or snicker bars or cash. I think I would be in trouble if the management space of the company which employs these girls were to know that I was compensating them about with the agency. The agency would say they were taking advantage of but I do not see it this way. Everyone knows these folks are working slaves pretty much. If I have the extra funds why not let them know how much they are appreciated and how much I depend on them to get through my week. Besides I believe this “tip” is a bit of insurance that I will have emergency support if and when I need them when I have an accident one sort or another. They are much more likely to show. Granted, I may have to wait a bit but I know they will be here to help me as soon as they can. This is especially helpful since the agency idea with does not seem to have a real backup plan emergency coverage.. So, I do not think of it is out of line to Show My Appreciation.


The weather forecaster indicates these intermittent storms will continue through the weekend. As of now the only thing I have is coffee tomorrow morning at the coffee shop across the street so even if the storms are great and wildly it will be of no consequence to me anyway. Same holds true for Sunday morning breakfast with the kids. The restaurant we frequent is across the street and down half a block so will if I have to bundle up, an motor with my head down into the wind to the restaurant will be no big deal and after that to be home for the rest of the day and weekend. So, it's all good…

No comments: