Thursday, March 23, 2023

Coffee, Clothes and Me


Finally a day that I don't have to leave the building. This seems to be fairly busy week for me specially having to go out in the elements in less than ideal weather. But is nice to be busy with things to do and people to see and decisions to make. Perhaps the biggest thing on my agenda today was the coffee social. Turns out the cookies I got were a great choice more than one person commented before choosing great cookies! Little did they know I got the refreshments at the dollar store cheap cookies and hot coffee keeps the troops happy. Had I not had to get the decaffeinated coffee I could've done the whole thing on donations collected from last week's group so it is possible for the operation to basically pay for itself. If I want to get a few extra dollars I could actually get a dozen donuts which today would've handled the whole group. I know the cheap Thing to do almost I'm hesitant to say a Mormon thing but take the 12 donuts and slice in half doubling the amount treats. I don't think the natives would be to upset. I believe donuts are big enough that even a half will satisfy the sugar craving which accompanies a great cup of coffee. And besides the person Diversify and effective 2 different don't it tastes instead one giant blast of sugar.


Remember, I mentioned the fact that Irene one of the oldest folks here at the complex has been doing the coffee social for about 10 years. I think she only stopped doing the social because of other individuals bossingher around and making her feel insignificant. Irene does a great job when I was worried about was not last week a couple of people assisted in preparing the event and I didn't want a turf war. Luckily, the other players did not show upokay so it was me and Irene and basically means it was Irene the show together start to finish clean up afterwards. I was just there to act like a superior which I surprisingly did very well. All Irene really wanted was to take the leftover cookies back to her apartment when we were finished I thought both your great wages for the amount of work she put in. Irene's is all that old school which cleans everything spotless. She was a 3 AM this morning washing clothes. She was disgusted with the community refrigerator and the condition the refrigerator was in the fact there were so many bottles or containers pass their “use by dates”. I essentially gave her permission to check all that garbage she was happy as a clam. When we parted ways following the coffee social are confirmed should be there next week and we could do it aga. It's fine with me I'm just trying to keep the troops happy.


And did I also mention of able to get my wash done? Well I did. The wash is done, and put away also done my arm like this they perhaps our witch and give me more than 200 minutes for exercise time this week. So the days been eventful. The day was cold and wet but I didn't have to go out and just stayed inside we enjoyed the day…

No comments: