Saturday, March 18, 2023

DST Ant-Man and Wasp

 



You know when you come to a realization of something you should have been aware of but just didn't really focus on the actual event? Talking much about daylight savings time. Nearly 8:00 PM and it's still light outside and I guess if your kid or someone who really likes to be working outside this extra bit of light is a good deal. However, this timeshift this me up making me thinkI still have time to do stuff and then realizing I've run out of time for the day and or the events. Certainly an interesting illusion however and will not grow to appreciate as the season goes forward.


I actually got out and did something today more than just running to the market. After coffee with my friend here at the apartment complex I caught the bus and went up to the theater to catch the latest Ant-man. I've been meaning to get the movie for some time about a month ago my granddaughter and I begin discussing the movie. She went but I have not had the chance until now/today. I believe it's a great joy to have kids grown to the point where you could begin to have adult conversations and interests like discussing books and movies. Tomorrow on our breakfast look forward to bringing this up.


I was surprised to find out that I have a free beverage and popcorn according to buy movie membership documentation. Any size. I got a smaller drink, the midsize drink which is still more liquid that I want to consume during a movie but I did get the large popcorn like a tub which is way too much popcorn. I think that in about half if that much spilled a great deal of the popcorn all over the floor was so overwhelmed with popcorn that even drag the bucket up to the popcorn machine/counter and demand my “ bucket to go” refill. Did I mention that the movie was essentially free just because I hate have that monthly subscription that theoretically allows me to go to any movie there is many times as I like? Sure subscription is 20 bucks a month so I have to go to at least 2 flicks before I realize any kind of savings but again that illusion when given in free makes all the difference. The sunshine today, speaking of illusions, given me the feeling that it was warmer than it actually was. I ended up taking my lap blankets with me not only to cover my legs but to tuck myself in watch the movie in relative comfort even of popcorn cascaded to the floor and the illusion of a popcorn snowstorm. Interestingly, I found the movie of the weak. I think it was a similar phenomenon as to the problem the black widow had when she got her own movie. The widow as well as ant-man or really secondary actors or positions in the Marvel universe. The really great and support positions that trying to carry the whole movie on their own shoulders is just too much. The ant man movie was just too many special effects and visions of the quantum universe got to be a little too much on this guy's old eye retina. I found myself staring at the screen and realizing I really wasn't seen anything which I thought was a weird phenomenon. I have to shake my head a couple of times to bring my consciousness back to focus on the movie.


So, it wasn't the greatest movie I've got to this year but it was good enough to getand feel the pre-spring sunshine on my face in the excitement of rolling into a real movie once again…

No comments: