Thursday, March 16, 2023

Fat Thursday

 




if I were to say anything about today are labeled today I would call it “Thursday for loaded”. I did not intend for this day to be as busy as it turned out but that's exactly what happened. Today was the 1st time I was responsible for coffee social so I had some pressure there but I had worked relatively diligently yesterday by going to the dollar store and picking up 3 or 4 packages of cookies to be used for treats for this morning. I was hoping this one resident at the property would help out and she did a bang job. We did the coffee all kinds regular and caffeine free. My helper's name is Chris not only did Chris make the coffee but she also arrange the trees on small paper plates that people just pick up with their coffee. I think the event was fantastic as far as events goes. If there is a drawback it was the fact that the clinic they had yesterday spilled over to today and we were not informed. There was a mini tour war but we both ended up winning. We arranged the tables the way we wanted and the clinic moved out to the front of the building and everyone's happy. Now, to see how well it works next week.


My friend Lori emailed me earlier that week wanting to make sure that I didn't miss today's lunch/meeting at the writers Guild. Of course I forgot all the events and luckily the times later than usual at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. This later time turned out to be just right giving me time to get back to the apartment and get my shoes on to be somewhat presentable at the restaurant. It was good to see Jerry and Lori is to become very important to me as part of my support group. I don't know what'll happen when we lose one of the pillars. Jerry in and out of the hospital pretty regular last couple of months. I would not be surprised if you see the shiny light soon. Enough said about that by saying too much and should I will get sucker punched right into the “shining light”. We did a lot of talking about old times, a lot of do you remember this? Or do you remember that? And a lot about the end our projects. To me there was a sad feeling that we were going to do many if any more projects. I really have the feeling the curtain was coming down many the last time but very soon.


Once again, following lunch, it was back to the apartment to regroup and clean up a little bit. Luckily yesterday Gloria, my health person actually mopped up the kitchen floor and straightened up a little bit. My granddaughter contacted me earlier in the week to help dinner tonight. I I spent the afternoon trying to clean my table so it has something to eat. They came over 6 PM with just tons of Chinese. Fried rice, shrimp you chow mein, and a couple of other dishes. We had a grand time eating and visiting and enjoying the generations. It's really interesting to have a grandchild to be close to and be part of your life. If I'm lucky I might get some experiences like this with my other granddaughters. We had a really fun evening. We of course stuck all the leftovers in my refrigerator so I should be okay for the rest of the week not rest of the! :-)!!


Like I said is beginning not intend for this to be a big busy day but it turned out to be exactly that from the coffee social to the chow mein and time with the grandkids. It was a grand day full of joyI'm a very lucky guy.

No comments: