Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Back to It...



 It's funny what gets you going. today I was all set to head out for my Assist meeting downtown Salt Lake.  We have a ritual , we members  on the  Advisory Board, we call Dave at Assist at 8 o'clock and ask if we're going to have the meeting. we usually do however during inclement weather we will forgo the meeting or for other reasons but usually the weather. Today was one of those days no meeting.  This  morning looked awful righteous. it was cold but clear big old sun shining and I didn't want to stick around the apartments.
  But except for Assist I didn't have anywhere to go  so I figured the least I could do what's call around on some errands I've been meaning to get done like tax information ,  checking up on some bills and setting some appointments for medical things. I wanted to get some foam  for the side of my chair. This allows me to sit up straighter in my chair and I lost the piece I'd gotten from my occupational therapist about a year ago. So I figured  I  could score  some more and i haven't talked to him since the beginning of the year so I figured it would be good to visit with him for a minute. I texted Casey and let him know what I needed and was surprised to find out he had time to see me today at  3 p.m. I told him I could make it no problem. that's so my day is taken a major turn that I had not expected. I had not seen or communicated with Casey since last summer when my benefits had run out. In fact  I had gotten new benefits but had never gotten back to occupational therapy. so I figured when I saw him I would ask about proceeding with  more occupational therapy. I was kind of excited to see him.

 I soon found out that even though the day beautiful it was still kind of cold. I pulled on my long shirt and my vest and took off.  I had a couple hours to make the trip so I figured I will okay and I was. it was good to see him I think he felt the same about me.  Kacey got me the piece of foam I needed  and it feels great they have the support again I needed. we also set up a time when I can come in and begin more therapy. we even are going to have a home or he can go through my apartment and hopefully make some needed changes to make the place more accessible for me. I'm excited about some progression now I'm glad I made the decision the visit therapy.

 I really need to be out and doing stuff. this place where I live is great but breeds complacency very quickly and I need to be aware of that hyper-aware. But for the time being I'll be back in the saddle and making progress in my life.

No comments: