Sunday, January 08, 2017

Saturday Surprise

.
.
One of the items I love most  about life is like's ability to constantly refresh and surprised me.. Yesterday began as a run-of-the-mill Friday.  I did not have anything planned specifically in the weather outside is still impassable to me  not only from a ice and snow standpoints but also from the standpoint that the mercury level is hovering  right around zero. I figured the day would be a good day to do some chores around my apartment. I washed a load of clothes, I did some dishes and paid a bill.  I was pleased when my phone notified me I had a collar and it wasn't one of my healthcare providers I providers but one of my old friends. It was Dave mailed supervisor  from about 30 years ago.


Dave was once my supervisor at a private nonprofit is a rather unique fellow, or at least I think so. I'm sure it is David's uniqueness that reinforced my friendship with him. Although I was not single when I first met Dave  I was soon afterwards. I don't remember when we first started hanging out after work visiting  a little bar called the Colonial Inn usually on Fridays after work. The world had not  gone digital at that point but was on the verge.. Computers fascinated me computers also fascinated Dave. I was  quite a bit older than Dave  but we still meshed pretty well.. He even helped me relocate to Salt Lake when I got the job down here.. We kind of lost track of each other over the years but have rekindled our relationship  with the advent of social media.

They've called me to let me know that he was passing through Salt Lake and would be willing to stop visit for a while I was up to it. I thought that would be a great idea. The day passed, I finished my chores,, and was pleased to hear his call later in the afternoon indicating that he was in town finally and needed to know how to get to my apartment  complex. I gave him the information he was soon here.  Dave was traveling with his mother who he was taking back to Blackfoot, Idaho. Which initially he was driving to  Los Angeles but the severe weather forced him to turn back. Fortunately for me meant  to stop here in Salt Lake.

We visited,  was not going to let him into my apartment,  because the place is a mess. Plymouth View has some grea couches in the common areas. We visited up front in the foyer  I also gave them  a tour of the facility.. I showed them the areas I love most about the Plymouth.. David's mother is significantly old  80 something. She still in her own home but I could see was very interested in my living situation in particular with many of the other residents at this complex – –  old folks.  I can see that I would have to show them my apartment which I did. They didn't mind the mess, Dave had to use the facilities,, and I think Mrs. Allen really like she saw.  I don't know if there's anything like the Plymouth in her destinations but if there is that is where she would like to be.


I don't know how important this meeting was but somehow I think the meeting was important.  I think Mrs. Allen  needed to see this place and I needed to see David. They were in and they were out somehow I felt like someone coming home..

No comments: