Monday, January 30, 2017

Cluster




I live  at the end of the hall. So course, I live next to the door or exit.   The way the rooms are configured it's pretty interesting. the entrances to the four apartments are clustered together so it's fairly easy to hear when somebody is exiting their unit. having said that I'm also Intrigue that I hardly ever hear anyone leaving their units. Sometimes I have ran into folks as they are leaving apartment but it's very rare. I call these groupings clusters and easy have cluster is like a small community. Some day I want to have a ,little cluster dinner. I think that would be fun, maybe pizza,or spaghetti or something easy but fun.

In our little constellation at the end of the hall,besides me is a lady who is think might be a stroke survivor, another woman who has some disease process. she rarely leaves her unit but is nice enough. I do know her name. I would like to get to know her better at some point. then directly across the hall. from me, is a little guy older than me but I cannot recognize disability he is holder and speaks very very little English. I believe  he is Hispanic but I do not sink Mexican perhaps he might basque. I have yet to find out his name but we smile and not our heads to each other when we pass and speak our languages to each other when we must, trying to and hoping each other understands.


As many of you readers know I go by the handle of meadowlarkmark name a good friend of mine gave me years ago when we work together. Also  name diseases because I whistled all the time, whistling is about the only music I can really do well--or could do well When I was younger.  yesterday, Sunday's I was feeling pretty good. I just finished washing my clothes, had done the dishes and picked up around the apartment a little. I've been down to the common room to check the Sharing Shelf and was returning to my apartment. I was just about ready to open the door when the door opened  to my neighbors place across the halland I came smiled at me and rushed  me  with what  looked a bottle of cooking oil.

I really have to learn this guy's name. I think for the benefits of this article I'll call him Pete. Pete seemed excited and pointed to the bottle actually to the bottle's cap. It  me a few seconds to realize that he wanted me to show him how to open up the bottle are he wanted me to open the small vessel.
I took the bottle and sure enough it was cooking oil. at this point I wasn't totally sure that Pete could not figure out the lid.  the cap was kind of strange it was actually plastic and seals with a pull stub messed against the cap one had to really look close to detect it  and I was not sure this is what it was when I did see it. now you readers also know but I am quadriplegic at least have very little hand function so this was pretty entertaining Pete thinking I'm going to be able to pull this plastic cab.  I eventually got a thumbnail under the tab and pried the tab out good point for normal people would be able to yank it. I had to hold back my impulse to bring the bottle to my mouth and bite on the tab and yank but in fact, eventually that is exactly what I did. even if I was doing this axe I was concerned that Pete was going to think I had stepped / rolled over the line of acceptable help.  but to my surprise Pete was delighted but I had solved the mystery of opening the bottle.  Pete grab the bottle grinned and bowed to me more than once.
you could tell I had become his hero. Of course I really didn't do anything except bite down on something and pull.  This was a great little drama at the end of the hall in front of a constellation of doors. 

No comments: