Saturday, January 28, 2017

Good Day!

Jen and Nichole OT students

Yesterday was a great day! Interesting cuz  I don' have that many great days anymore. Boy that sounds pretty negative but it's kind of true. I should take some responsibility and underlined the fact it is my responsibility to/make sure I have a good life.

Yesterday was cold, very cold but I was going out anyway because I have a occupational therapy appointment at 10 o'clock over at TOSH. I have to confess I was a little bit intimidated because I am having to use the 201 go over to the hospital. And of course the 201 runs on one hour headways– – actually that is not altogether true because from early on to about 930 am the 201 runs actually one half hour headways. I'm not waiting nearly as long even if the temperature is in the teens I can endure the chill and as it turned out, I only waited about five minutes before the 201 arrived.

Even though the day was cold the sky was clear and the sun on my face made me warm and hopeful. I got to TOSH with bout 30 minutes to spare. I thought about getting b and coffee and hanging out in the little  restaurant on the grounds but I did not want to have to hassle the time. It turned out I had some paper work to do anyway. I liked being there back int the Rehab/OT setting. I like to be doing something something that was beneficial to me. Soon, Kasey came to fetch me back to the therapy area. I was pleased to see Kasey  and even more so when he introduced to his occupational therapist students. I have found students always fun especially in the medical/rehabilitation settings. I have not had any therapy for months, not since my insurance run out and Kasey had to collect a lot more information. I was impressed how much of this information he allowed his students to collect. I was also impressed at how much I had gained far as range of motion of my arms. I don't know how accurate these measurements were begin with, I actually do not remember Casey measuring the last go round but I seemed to have progressed which made me feel good.

We did not to much therapy per se but explored options for making my apartment more accessible wwhich may me totally excited. Kasey and I seem share to share a common vision for my living space. There seems there might be some issues as far as authorization for home evaluation might be concerned that we're trying to put together some sort of modality which might muster. Kasey even suggested that should we not be able to get the evaluation covered by insuranc Kasey come on his own time. I think we should be able to get the project covered. This could really be great project maybe one last great projects of my days. It would take/could take a lot of work on my part , but what else do I have to do? I wouldlike to think Marion ( the CEO/Boss) of this outfit will be open minded as will as the other board members.


I  enjoyed my rehab hour, I came away with great hope. I was a little disappointed that we didn't set up next appointment I guess that will come. It was just great to have a good day out.

No comments: