Monday, January 09, 2017

Heatwave!!




It's a heat wave!  when I looked at my clock this morning early the temperature of 51 degrees! I thought of course it was a mistake and try to get back to sleep to no avail. I heard the wind howling as I struggle out of bed and into my chair. I rolled to the kitchen got some mornings coffee going  and open the curtains see what my day looks like and I was astounded. piles of snow on the driveway an  on the lawn outside my window and disappeared devoured by the Chinook Winds that moved in overnight as I slept. I was thrilled with expectation and what might be.

 I did not watch the local weather for the last couple of days at least the weekend, I had given up any reasonable weather coming soon. I suppose can I watch local weather I would have been less surprised. but here it was a meteorological gift a reprieve from Winters frigid grip a free pass to the outside an excursion from the four walls have had me encumbered since the great storms began last month a Christmas. Insect I had planned this to be an "in day" a day dedicated to chores in the apartment complex:  wash a load of clothes, wash some dishes, pick up a little bit around the apartment work on my education project - - things that would keep me inside occupied but reasonably happy. But now a reason  to escape the confines that I have been living under for the past month.

 I wrote this post initially more than 4 hours ago. Then when I went to post it was not to be found on my tablet so I had to write the post again. In the meantime I've done some chores around the house, collected my mail, I had a great conversation with my daughter long distance. the day still looks comfortable outside my window but now its afternoon and I still have things to do inside the apartment I may not get out as I had hoped but just watching the day develop outside gives me a new hope for an early spring.

No comments: