Saturday, January 14, 2017

Waiting for the Sun


It's mid-morning Saturday and I'm patiently waiting for the sun to come out. Supposedly that will be sometime this morning. I had thought about going down and washing a load of clothes, or cleaning up the house a little bit, I just readings by Stephen King but I just can't seem to get into the mood. Earlier today I went down to the common to see if the mail has come or actually to see who was down there. The Usual Suspects were there and it got depressing real quick so I returned to the apartment to see what else might be going on.

I am in a bit of a quandary because I'm finding out there are a number of people at this apartment complex who are real downers. Folks who tend to gripe or moan or groan about their plight in this world. They all own little dogs, little yappers, and they must take the little beast out  to do their business  at different times during the day  but usually  in the mornings  is when I see most of them  as they sit around  the front  of the building  with their dogs And visit  let the little beasta play with each other . A couple of the tenants   are real dark clouds. She is one of those people who feel that everything is against her. She doesn't like management here at the units and see her going around trying to build allegiances towards her cause. The other is a woman has a partial foot amputation. She walks it seems pretty Pleasant until you get to know her then you see that she is quietly angry. She seems like she wants assistance but actually just seems to complain about idea one might offer. She refuses to use mass transit because she feels entitled to better service or she just doesn't want people to look at her because of her disability. She is considering a power chair or scooter for the first time in her life. However, she does not want to consider buy used product unless it looks new and of course I'd rather have new. I gave her a few options for used equipment but I doubt if she will really consider them. Just really , I had to leave before I said anything Which might be hurtful . These folks are on the lower end of the hierarchy  of the facility .  It's a shame there has to be one, a hierarchy that is, but every system has one. I am sure I have just seen the most obvious I am sure as time goes by I will even more subtle power-systems emerge I am just not sure I want to.

I guess I must get used to this power struggle and all. This is where I live – – this is my universe for however long I don't know but these are the people I will be associating with day in and day out.. And so far even the worst of these are good people. They're people who are angry, people who are only people been disenfranchised  really, my kind of people. So, I must be larger, more supportive and help these folks become their better selves aand maybe I will become a better self myself.

No comments: