Friday, January 13, 2017

Looked After


 This is a image of the new  pendant.

 When I came home the first time from the hospital for my first stenosis we rented a hospital bed lowered and raised as well as the back elevated and the front elevated.  The bed was older but was functional  and I really appreciated so bad after a few weeks. then, I can't really remember what happened but we were informed that the insurance is no longer pay for that bed. We had to let it go.   My former call Dianne did some remarkable research another bed with the same qualifications in fact it was better then the bed had had before. instead of screw mechanisms that raise and lower the bed this new system 4 bed works with hydraulic Pistons to raise and lower the bed. It looks really nice I've really grown to enjoy it. Of course one has to be able to control the bed so there's a pendant attached to the bed of course made of plastic and of course the attachment tends to fall on the floor a lot at least with me that is the case.In less than a year that I had the bed I have managed to run over there component with my power chair first time I just broke off the hook on the back of a pendant on the second time I did more damage. a month or so ago and it stopped working and I had my brother, Carl come over look at it and he was able to put the components of a come loose in the pendant back together and the pendant worked.  The pendant  was wrapped with duct tape except for the buttons that drove the mattress or bed. so I took care not to move it too much that's why I was so shocked last night but I was going to bed that the pendant would not work. I do not remember stretching the device are bumping it ordropping device on the floor but for whatever reason the   bed was not going to move.

 I had stayed up later than usual having been caught up in a science fiction movie. I how to put the bed down to its lowest level earlier in the day so I would be ready for bed. so I did not notice the pendant not working wind I got into the bed. it is only when I tried to raise my head and the bed not move did I realize there was a problem. The time was close to midnight.  I knew my brother would be asleep and I figured I could sleep on the bed in the down position - - I was just worried about being able to get up in the morning. I would not be able to do this by myself my power chair being so high above the bed. I left a message please call me when you get up and went to bed. I did not sleep well but that's not news. So I just laid there trying to sleep but not being able to from about 3 a.m.

 Carl called around 6 this morning or a little after and I informed him the problem and he came right over. I felt a little bad when I found out he was already at work but he came anyway.  Carl tried pendant  to no avail he was about ready to tear into the duct tape I try to see what was  wrong inside the pendant. That's when I informed him that I had ordered a new pendant and it was on the kitchen table. there was a little bit of an issue with the way the old devices slide into the bed but he soon found a way to secure the new pendant in place though not as secure as the old plug-in facts the old plug is still there it was so difficult to detach from the bed. I just have to be careful not to pull hard on the new pendant.

Sometimes I can terrify myself thinking of what would happen to me if I did not have these key people in my life. Thanks Carl for always being there you're the best

No comments: