Monday, January 16, 2017

Roast

 I don't know why but the last week or two I have been really desirous to cook roast. each time I go to the market I would end up at the meat section coveting  huge hunks a beef roast. Sometimes I really wanted to buy one but didn't have enough room to carry it home with me. other times I could not decide whether I want to cook a blade roast rump roast a New York strip roast costing 30 or 40 bucks.  Each time I pretty much talked myself out of purchasing the meat but this weekend I wanted  of a roast. I purchased the roast on Friday night and was thinking seriously of popping in the oven Saturday but that didn't happen when I opted to cook the frozen pizza my brother got me  a few weeks ago  and I was still eating on it  Sunday and thought   today would be the perfect day the cook the roast because it was a holiday. Somehow that made sense to me.

The roast a 3 pounder and it cost almost $13. I remember this because I was really looking at getting a twenty bucks roast  a real Beauty with  strings and everything.  But for some reason I just didn't want to have to mess with the strings.  I found the last roast i did with strings turned out to be quite challenging when carving the roast. That roast was good but it just  sort of fell apart in the strings came off. I wanted a roast like slice for maybe sandwiches.

 when I finally got the roast out of the refrigerator I marveled at how big it was. it was huge I don't know I was thinking when I purchase it.  I found a quick recipe online pretty much to make sure I knew what temperature the inside was to be when it was done. I  salt and peppered the beef and literally threw it in the oven set the timer and worked on folding clothes.

The pile of protein is done 2 hours later. I was impressed when I stuck in the thermometer and it went to 140 degrees just like it was supposed to. then I realized I was going to have a problem getting it out of the oven. my oven is just too low to get anything out of I said some folks talking in the hallway who recruited one of them to pull the roast out.  The roast was done just right . I let it rest for 30 minutes then attacked the lump with my electric knife.  It's hard to cut a roast even with electric knife!  I cut half of the roast before I lost interest. I took those pieces I cut and put in a baggie or who knows what reason rest of the roast I put the rest in a baggie threw it into the back of freezer hopefully to be discovered  a few months from now.

Well I've got that out of my system. Now on to the cake mixes in the closet.


No comments: