Friday, October 23, 2020

A Pretty Good Day




There was a significant drop in the temperature last night and the clouds rolled in with a cold front but no moisture, no precipitation just colder temps. It really wasn't that cold but cold enough to get when thinking about the oncoming winter into I think start the concept of cocooning. In fact I was surprised when I woke this morning (the second time) it was 7:16 AM! I never sleep that late, don't get me wrong I didn't mind but I just never sleep that late. It was still dark outside! I supposedly been a little bit lighter if there had not been cloud cover but as definitely getting a winter vibe. Had I not needed to cath so bad I would've dug myself deeper into my blankets. However, a new day and I was anticipating Melanie (the home health person that sort of picking up the slack after Annette got an automobile accident has been hospitalized, least that's what I'm told).I don't particularly enjoy having to wait this late for my home health support but this is peculiar situation and I'm willing to be patient. After all, it's not like I'd be doing anything else this morning. I decided with the cloud cover in the cooler temperatures that it would be time to do some cooking. I actually started yesterday when I utilized one of the bags of chili I had gotten from the food bank discards. These bags of foods that come from this agency that must work with Department of agriculture or something for low income food options. The sort of lightweight versions of what they purport themselves to be. The chili reported that there were no beans in this chili. Yesterday when I opened the bag I decided out mix it with a can of regular commercial chili I think I used Hormel revealed chili. Adding the canned chili to the mix helped a little bit at a few more beans but I decided I what I would do is put everything in the refrigerator and then this morning I would really begin to jazz up chili. I transferred the chili from my plastic bowl into a pot, diced up an onion added two or 3 tablespoons of sliced jalapeno peppers can of diced Chile's and some healthy shakes of ground red pepper. I believe I may have been too generous with the red chili pepper but at the end of the day this Chili's for me and I have enjoyed what I tasted pretty much. I let the soup cook all day and a fallen quite in love with this batch. The rest of the story of course was wrestling down the ingredients for cornbread. I pretty much had everything I need except the white sugar which is good enough reason as any to put on my hoodie and motor down to the market. What a great joy it was to shop I've got a new bag or brown sugar, 5 pounds of flour another can of evaporated milk and of course a box of white sugar. Everything was purchased of the $20 bill so no trail was left and no credit used or dips into the main account I think it was a pretty good day. I spent an hour with my neighbor across the hall having coffee and gossiping about other folks and family and then cooking the rest the afternoon I think it's been a pretty good day…

No comments: