Thursday, October 08, 2020

Shopping

 


Blog 100820 – – Thursday


I just hate what CBS has done to their night lineup on Thursday nights. CBS gone to reality television and taken away the great sitcoms that I so enjoyed on Thursday nights like my introduction to the weekend. I've even care if they were reruns I would watch them. Just that two hour block for the longest time was just great by me. I hate reality TV! It's just networks cheap way of filling time in the evening blocks. Thank goodness for Netflix and other subscription services but they're not like having Thursday nights to look forward to.


I went on another buying spree today I didn't intend to do so it just happened. This morning are in a desert industries to roll through their electronics and kitchen items. The first of the week I inadvertently ran over the beaters to the electric hand mixer Diana sent over when we broke up. I remember in the past that there was a been in the DI story often went to that was overflowing with electric mixer beaters. I was kind of surprised the first time I witnessed this collection and like everything else in my life I figured it would be there when I needed them. Today I needed them.. I figured I would just drop by and purchase a couple of them, I am sure the beaters are interchangeable. I was wrong. I went to Deseret industries, the thrift store and finally Good Well. I thought for sure one of these would have the devices I sought after. Wrong again. This of course lost me on a bigger search to find electric mixer brand-new. I was on my way home from the DI trip when I remembered what I look it up on the Internet? Ebay if not Amazon probably has a great deal. And of course I was not carrying my cell phone odd is that is. So when I got home the first thing I did was search for electric hand mixers. Sure enough a bunch popped up and best of all one was listed for $2.50 at Walmart and electronic notification indicated there is one available. So I turned around and caught the next bus back 5600 S. and my Walmart.


I was still guilty when I enter the Walmart feel electric my back on supporting all the low income folks forced to work at this capitalistic icon. But life is life and I look to the store and finally found the hand mixers. I looked and looked but did not find anything close to $2.50 for a hand mixer. I found the resorted to asking for assistance and soon I had three Walmart agents trying to serve me. We ended up looking on the Internet again in finding the product I was interested in the only after 20 minutes of diligent searching our Walmart on 5400 S. that one of the agents noticed a little tired indicating it was at the Walmart West Valley. Sadly, I was not up for a trip to West Valley not for a $2.50 and mixer. I caved in and got a mixer for $9.95 which really is still a deal – – I think. I opened the floodgates a little and purchased about $15 more items I felt that I needed. Groceries mostly. I kind of think I'm ready for the weekend but who knows and besides Macy's is just down the block…


No comments: