Friday, October 30, 2020

Déjà vu

 


It's really weird this relationship I have with my home health person, Annette. She's really great at what she does is really good for me in the way that she helps me through my program. No one else is quite like her no one else goes the distance that she does. Annette provides professional level service the other folks really don't do. Perhaps with the exception of Honey no notes delivers the service that Annette does. So, once again this afternoon I get a call from the “home health service” advising me that Annette got another nursing job and beginning Monday I will have another care person who is Melanie. I like Melanie Melanie does a pretty decent job all things being equal. I've not really ever putting time into really instructing Melanie on what I feel I need and I don't know if I'm going to be of the do that but I'm going to have her for the next foreseeable future – – that is if Annette is able to keep her new job. This particular maneuver is happened so many times I'm no longer freaked out about the situation knowing that when were the other were going to work things out with the service. I'll explore this further tomorrow because Annette is supposed to come over and do the housecleaning. We'll have to see if this comes about. If she does come over I can ask your some questions might be pertinent to the transition if indeed she is done with Select Home Health.


I like Melanie, like I said, however she's older and I do not have a problem with Melanie being older but I do worry that I put a lot of physical stress on the poor lady. She makes a lot of noise Huffing me around but I guess that's up to her and she let me know if it's too much. She does a good job cleaning all I'm doing my business and I appreciate that she is willing to put the extra effort into her job. She is not as efficient or professional as Annette's and I don't know if she will allow me the freedom that Annette has that kind of worries me. I also got the impression that as Annette has increased her professional attention to me i.e. massaging my legs with lotion and deep cleaning my crevices in such, which is been far more than any of the other caregivers have done, even her application of protective lotions on tape which I call the “second skin” which I believe has greatly increased my ability to sit in my chair as well as skin protection. There's also the issue that Melanie will not even be able to assist me until 8:30 AM which is like a whole morning. That's okay – – in this time of Covid it's not like about anything else to do.


So, Annette is going to a real nursing position and who knows what kind of hours she's going to have to put in. I would like to keep your as a housekeeper at least – – we usually do two hours on Saturdays – – but I don't know if that's going to be a real possibility she's pulling real long shifts. We just have to play this by ear pretty good for each other in a lot of ways. I really would like to have her keep an eye on my butt she really knows what she's doing as far as wound prevention and I assume will care and she makes a hell of a bed…

No comments: