Thursday, October 22, 2020

All THAT Remained…😢

 



It's a little thing a petty thing but a thing just the same. I don't like the way the Thursday morning coffee group was Going so I stopped going but that hasn't stopped me from taken advantage of the calories left behind. I'm not sure if I explained the reason why I've stopped attending the Thursday morning coffee social – – I did some checking and yes I did explain why I'm no longer attending. Just too many control games going on but I just don't need. So as a semi-minor protest I end up doing my weekly wash in that time period Which works pretty good for me. I get my washdown early in the day plus my silent protest of rolling past the communal caffeine drinkers. Because our dryers here are less than spectacular I'm back and forth a number of times. The coffee social itself duration is probably 45 minutes. Seems like a lot of effort for such a short amount of time. However, they do outdo themselves from one week to the next and provide a bunch of calories besides the coffee creamer.


Irene which is our 90-year-old apartment associate seems to be in charge of during the coffee and securing the treats for the group. When I first started three or four years ago we often got a real meal for the social. Really was partial to Irene's biscuits and gravy. I thought is a lot of work for her until she Advised me that all she did was open up a can of sausage gravy and she got frozen biscuits at the market. She assured me it was not a big deal. However, in the ensuing years the breakfast type entrées have deteriorated to the point of sugar spectaculars of donuts, cookies, pies even cakes. Empty calories I have a hard time passing up. I've noticed in the past couple of weeks that those who do attend the coffee social are not eating as many sweets as they had been. When they're finished with the coffee social Irene leaves the left over sweets on the counter and then everyone who's not as “social” as the others has a free shot at garnering some empty calories. I have to admit in the past couple weeks I've actually rated the sweet bar and got cookies that a couple donuts To last me through the weekend. This week was no different as far as washing my clothes goes. I really felt I had more than enough time to make sure I could scarf a few sweets. I finally finished the second drop of coins into the dryer for the final dry. By this time everyone cleared the common area and I swung by the sharing shelf where they kept the suites and my shock this week's leftovers of them pretty well over. Then I realized Irene was not doing the coffee group. I'd heard that she had been somewhat lately and then of course I realized Marjorie – – not really an nemesis but she does irritate me is the big reason I stopped going to the group – – has taken over that role which is not surprise me in the least. She would actually get rid of the materials just for cleanliness purposes than leave them very long. Granted there are a few things that were on the table but nothing which interested me. Oh well maybe if I went to the social group I get first pick but you know what? I'm willing to take my chances some things are just meant to be…

No comments: