Sunday, October 11, 2020

Comfort Movies


The cold front passed-through last night. Not a big front but it was nice to wake up in the middle of the night to hear the rain pelting the windows of my apartment. I was doubly blessed in that my home health person, Annette, remade by bed making it totally comfortable and the covers covered just right. I didn't sleep in as well as I would like but better than I had all week long. As promised, the storm was a fast-moving storm with the clouds of moisture moving out relatively soon followed by cooler air. The clouds are out now with vibrant blue sky behind with a brilliant sunshine working the whole canvas. I was out earlier taking a load trash to the dumpster and it surely felt cooler like it's supposed to now. No mistaking the outside for summer it's definitely fall. I even cooked this morning making garbroc my my perennial favorites. I'm a bit frustrated however it that I cannot find any of my cans of corn beef! I know I have two , luckily I knew I had a can of corn beef hash and I could not find it for the longest time but finally I located the hash and with a half of bag of frozen potatoes I found lurking in the door the freezer I started the process. Chopped onions coupler squeezes for my new bottle of garlic (usually I really enjoyed the process of chopping the garlic but I'm beginning to really like the convenience of the processed garlic I can buy at the market especially the squeeze bottle). The only thing those really uncomfortable with was the status of my broccoli . For convenience I have recently started purchasing broccoli already processed, chopped up, and neat little bags. The only problem with me is that I tend to let them go for weeks to the start breaking down. Luckily, I was able to harvest enough broccoli for the garbroc. Again like I indicated, my only frustration was like to not find a can of corn beef. I cross my fingers and hope the can of corn beef hash and hoped that would suffice. Surprisingly. This will Corned beef hash pulled it off. The breakfast would but a lot better with a can of corn beef but I was pleased enough. Of course, I destroyed the kitchen that  Annette so diligently worked on. I used my cast-iron skillet and just went to town total pleasure. However, with breakfast out of the way and most of the dishes washed from the construction I felt like hunkering down. I've gotten so I don't like to do anything on Sunday if I don't have to. I'm not sure what this is about but trying to keep my physical efforts to a minimum. I decided to check out what was on the premium channels to play in the background as I worked in the kitchen cleanup and foundWhat a great piece of work? I hurried up and finished washing the dishes and settle down to watch. I think there are certain movies I watch as comfort movies for one reason or another. I know it sounds dumb I think it's true most of the Marvel movies for instance Pulp Fiction, Apocalypse Now, Bullitt to name a few. I watch them over and over again I never get tired of them. I watched the whole thingAnd indeed was comforted watching this 80s throwback movie. I never did see this film on the big screen have always enjoyed it on the small screen take me back to a calmer and saner more time…

No comments: