Saturday, October 17, 2020

Its Started…

 



It's started. I received news this morning that my older brother Floyd passed away either late last night or early this morning. This wasn't unexpected and he's been suffering from cancer, severely so, for the past couple of years that I've been aware of. I guess I can make that statement that well he's in a better place now or least he's been released from the pain he's been under for the past couple of months. This also goes for his family, immediate family. Because, I'm part of the other family and I felt somewhat guilty as I followed his progress via his daughters updates on Facebook or chat or whatever the texting feature is we all use.

Floyd was the oldest actually he was in a whole other universe as far as I was concerned. When I was a little kid Floyd is one of the megastars of my universe. He was from that part of the family which was grown and gone by the time I came along. Floyd is one of “Bloods”. One of the offspring of mom or dad who is actually their child. Honestly, I worshiped it was a little kid he was in the Air Force and he traveled to exotic stations like Turkey and Istanbul and who knows where else. He came home on visits just three or four times and I remember what I said he was part of the first family don't know how much he really accepted the younger part of the family. He did show up for a couple reunions before mother passed away. He was kind of a mystery you have a whole different life my family didn't even know about until later. My mom found out that he had a family that has not been acknowledged she went after those grandchildren. I don't even think Floyd's last life even knew about the previous family. Well my mom sure change that. This may have been one of the reasons he was so distant I don't know.

Floyd lived in Illinois, I think not far from Chicago. That's all I knew. I'll be interested to see what the obituary says if there is an obituary and if we see it. My older sisters (his stepsisters as well as mine) are probably make a better showing for the family than the rest of us. They knew them on a whole different level than I did are my younger siblings. However, I think my younger siblings sort of got into him from pressure from my mom or maybe not it's hard to say. We are a funny family.

I hate to see them go actually because with his living underscores the reality that we are all mortal. There's 10 of us know ones died until yesterday. I came close a couple times I'm sure the others did too often on but we all made it.  Now however, the doors are open and I think we'll all be passing through them sooner than would like specially me.

 Floyd must've been close to 90 himself. Floyd actually had a pretty good run. I hope somehow he and mom are together now getting some other differences ironed out eternity is a long long time…

No comments: