Saturday, October 03, 2020

Britannia the Pride Of The ocean

 



I first noticed her some time last year. She was no to the apartment complex, a new resident and she had an English accent definitely a Britt. No big deal but there is something about her that put me on edge. She was just too nice, too outgoing and of not trying to be picky or anti-Britain. Should been here a couple weeks and she organized and all building luncheon for the first Friday of each month. Everyone who want to participate kicked in five bucks and this lady will called Doxsee did all the food preparation and baking pull off this event. I actually went twice but I just couldn't get into the food but I did notice Doxsee taking great pains to direct everyone just were she felt the need to go. Shields up! Extend force field! Then there were the Saturday night movies. Probably more accurate Saturday afternoon movies and some evening movies. Whereas I was expecting real movies you know Hollywood productions that were easily gotten one where the other but once or twice I went and all they were showing were British TV comedy series which again kinder rubbed me the wrong way and of course Doxsee was spearheading the event. Of course the apartment full, somewhat like sheep, tend to follow relatively easy and were charmed at all the British things going on in the films are the series. I really didn't pay much attention's since I didn't have a lot involved except for once again keeping my eyes open and just noticing how much Doxsee taking over apartment management. This can be frightening no question about it. Next, it seems that Doxsee was taking over more and more of the Thursday morning coffee group. She started bringing in homemade cinnamon rolls piping hot from the oven just before the event. Now Remember the coffee group meets at or starts at 9:30 AM. I mean I've made cinnamon rolls, I know what goes into baking bread and cinnamon rolls you have to be pretty organized to pull this off by 9:30 AM in the morning I would say starting at least five 4:30 AM. But Doxsee was doing it with regularity. Almost forgot, Doxsee was also making little mini loaves of bread and handing them out on various days throughout the week… “Something's going on here what it is ain't exactly clear…”1 Next I noticed an index card up on the bulletin board across from the washroom advertising anybody who needed quarters could just contact Doxsee with her phone number and apartment number and Doxsee would provide them with needed washing money. As much as I would like to ignore this is becoming more and more fidgety.


Then enter the Covid 19 pandemic. Everybody, started wearing masks or were supposed to wear masks all of a sudden Doxsee, wearing her mask, was enforcing the mask criteria. If you didn't our work wearing a mask you heard about it from Doxsee. She turned into the mask Nazi – remember the soup Nazi from Seinfeld? To me it seemed very similar. Not only that but the mask Nazi made sure the tables in the common area where people sit for coffee social reset and the end so people could be at 6 foot spaces apart. This is kind of a joke since our apartment complex is a Senior housing project. People sitting with me at the far end of the tables really couldn't hear what was going on at the front end. It was certainly a waste of my time but Doxsee was an element directing, directing, directing. I was certainly getting a nurse ratchet vibe to mix with the soup Nazi and probably somewhere in there hot lips Houlihan. I actually like the person. She is really many cases very nice but like all do-gooders is just an element and there I have a hard time trusting… For what it's worth.okay

1For What It's Worth, Buffalo Springfield

No comments: