Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Another Friend Bites The Dust

 




I wish I had been thinking yesterday. Remember couple days ago when I went to the movie I was going to go to the movie and as I was waiting outside the lady in front of me turn it asked the files going to the movies and I said I was, then she sit here and she had me a ticket saying that she had gotten more than her family needed from her work in that she had these extras and didn't want them to go to waste. I of course the next day when I went back to the movies with a full battery I forgot to use the ticket. So, yesterday I decided I would go to the theater and use the ticket. The main reason I did this was because in today's the theater was going to close again and who knows, if ever, the theaters going to reopen. Of course this is a Regal theater which is a pretty big chain and so hopefully if and when this Covid thing passes they can get it back in the saddle and offer real movies, again. I didn't feel discouraged but certainly felt a little ambiguous regarding my feelings all I suffered through the previews for shows that would never be screened where I'm sitting waste the way it feels right now. I just kind of know in the back my mind that the parent company will never reopen this megaplex. I really believe the property is too beautiful to sit idle for too long. Hopefully, by next summer somebody will have found the magic bullet vaccine and this crazy economy will get back into full swing. Perhaps I'm being a bit optimistic but this pandemic is really just a bump in the road. The human race is just to stuck on itself let itself be ground down by Darwin and his theory. Or, maybe that's exactly what will save it once the weak of diet often been cleansed off the surface of the earth that the earth will allow itself to get back to business and all the little species thereon. I'm just saying we has a species will throw any other species under the bus in order to stay around.


Had I been smart I would've purchased cheap candy at the dollar store just about a half a block south of the movie theaters but I felt I should support at least a working folk. I purchased a drink, and in all honesty I did buy a dollar candy bar at the All A Dollar. I didn't buy the popcorn however because I have purchased popcorn did before the privilege had my butter into levels for the week if not month. But I did my usual mixing diet Pepsi with a couple shots of regular Mountain Dew. I was shocked that I couldn't find any Milk Duds my favorite candy for movies. I guess it's just as well if I was not going to have popcorn. However I did inquire in true enough theydo not carry Milk Duds any longer. That all dawned on me,,Karma-- the discontinue carrying Milk Duds in the universe forces you to close your doors…

No comments: