Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Just Stay In… Dummy!

 



There was not a lot of notice just a couple of days, the theater closing was of no surprise, I figured it had to happen. It was nice, however, to have the theater opened after had been closed for months after Covid shut it down earlier this year. Regal theaters I guess are pretty big operation but big enough to withstand the virus long-term. I got in two movies before the final shutdown, I don't know if final is FINAL I hope not. Everything is just so convenient. But as things go in my life losing the grand regal, down the street just makes sense.


I've kind of written about the sparse attendance at these movies I attend at the Regal theater especially before the pandemic. Many times I was the only person in the theater. So, the operation had to have been losing buckets of money at least of this one megaplex. So with the semi-heavy heart of loaded up myself onto the bus and headed south the two short blocks to the theater. I actually have a free ticket given to me by moviegoer the week before when I gone to The Tenant . I have a hard time concentrating on this movie so I need to watch it again.


I've been kind of bummed out getting used to the fact that now the movies up the street are no longer there at least for the time being. Besides, if I looked at the positive side have one less thing to tempt me to leave my apartment in these days of isolation and social distancing. I've been quite fortunate I think in avoiding this virus. I also believe there'll be a surge in this virus as we get into the colder months of this year. News reports today indicate Utah's going through a surge of infection. So, even if the Regal theater was still open it would be wise for me not to attend any movies in the next couple of months. Hopefully, they're getting close to a vaccine are medication to combat this infection. Still, I don't want to have anything to do with the infections that sounds horrible. The part about your lungs not being able to oxygenate your body just freaks me out. So having said that I guess I'm a little okay with losing the Regal and all that it offers. But, I began thinking this can't be the case across the board and sure enough this morning I did a “Search” and found the good old Century 16 is still alive and kicking. Granted the Century 16 is not as accessible as Regal was challenging me to at least two bus trips the trip is not too complicated South Salt Lake City which is not bad territory. This area has become a bit gentrified and there are some acceptable restaurants in the vicinity. Route 200 is a good route alike and a great deal actually. I can easily access route 45 which will take me eastbound to State Street were linkup with route 200 and there you (I) ago.I'm sure it's just probably a 45 minute trip most and best of all both are Night Rides or links me up to Night Ride routes. There I go talk to like on the to be heading out enjoying the Salt Lake nightlife. How stupid I am… Just stay in… Just stay in… Just stay in……

No comments: