Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Tomato Juice--Low Sodium

 


.

I was beginning to worry that “Nurse Ratchet” had increased her operation from adjudicating how far people sit next to each other at the coffee social to the “sharing shelf”. There'd been nothing of real value (at least to me) on the shelf for some time. Can plums, low-sodium spinach, low-sodium everything and of course the ever present macaroni in one form or another. However this morning when I did my breeze through there is all kinds of stuff there. I don't know if somebody had died and they cleaned out their pantry or they just brought a new load of food over from the food bank. It was a good day for me there were four half-gallon bottles of tomato juice – – low-sodium of course – – waiting to be collected. I felt a little self-conscious so this morning I only grabbed two of the bottles fighting my impulse to confiscate the other two bottles Of low-sodium tomato juice. This afternoon I returned and to my joy in puzzlement the other two bottles of tomato juice, low-sodium, were still there. Much of the other canned goods were gone except for the cans of spinach, low-sodium I was not very interested in what remained. I figured I only had enough low-sodium spinach to last me. I really do like actually can spinach low-sodium or otherwise it's just that I never get around to heating them up. I should work on that.


Now, what is it? I get the impression that nobody likes low-sodium tomato juice. I don't gets because the low-sodium because it always shake some salt into a nice glass of tomato juice. I guess it's tomato juice in general that the seniors in this project don't like. I remember when I used to “helicopter” the common room on food box day and the seniors would remove what they did not want from their boxes the 2 L boxes of juice would always end up on the sharing shelf especially the tomato juice. Am I missing something? Is this is really good tomato juice I think. Like I said you can certainly doctorate up with your own sodium if you should desire. I of course make my morning cocktail and truth be known I would rather use the spicy vegetable juice I purchase at the market but I spice up The beverage enough to give it zip on its own merits. Some liberal shakes the pepper, garlic powder, chili pepper if I feel I need it and of course the couple tablespoons of pickled jalapeno pepper juice and mother vinegar. Tomato juice works just fine low-sodium or otherwise.


So now fortunately I have four bottles of low-sodium tomato juice as well as one on open bottle of spicy vegetable juice and three force of a bottle in the refrigerator. I'm set for morning cocktails all the way through Thanksgiving life doesn't get much better than this. Having said that I still plan to keep an eye on the sharing shelf for any other errant bottles of low-sodium tomato juice or anything else that might be appetizing…

No comments: