Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Spud Relief For Anxiety

 



I was texting a friend today about how I felt anxious just sitting here in my chair. It's Tuesday and the reader knows that I volunteer on the Assist, Inc. citizen volunteer board. We of course now are not meeting because of the Covid except for trying to do something over the phone every couple weeks. But we didn't even do that this week. I may go out to a movie later on this afternoon (which I shouldn't I know but I will be massed and there's just a handful of people even in the theater. It's a later movie (4:30 PM) but I did get that free ticket I got suspended and besides notification is made yesterday that my theater, my regal theater on Redwood Road will be closing with all the other regal's across the country this weekend and there is some question whether they'll ever open up again. This is a poor justification to go out in public, yes even write a bus, But it feels like I have to do this. This is where I should be strong and say to myself “self, you've got Netflix, Disney + and even Amazon prime I don't tell me you have nothing to watch the got a go to a movie. But it's the movies! And the movies are going to close who knows maybe forever! No wonder I feel anxious.


This in my potato I've had it for some weeks now possibly months. I really feel bad because I really did purchase this potato with the full intention of utilizing the tuber. Maybe I did not make enough stews, soups or morning eggs and bacon which needed fried potatoes. I could've been because of the summer and I just don't cook that heavy on summer mornings are prepares what I deem winter dishes over the summer. Maybe I had thought I would make a potato salad but obviously that did not happen. That's what happens when you go to the food bank and they have snippets of this and that. A nice of salad, potato salad and I don't a desire to make a nice cold salad. Whatever the excuse I let this little guy go week after week given in the impression that he's going to survive and possibly after a certain point even go on to raise a great little potato family. But I don't think that's going to happen, sad to say, I have no pots of dirt are ground that I can plant this aggressive grower. I have to admit one of the neighbors across the hall actually had a pretty significant potato plant growing in front of her door for the longest time. I like to blame her but I doubt she was the recent I gave this plant false hope. I'm not sure if this multi-fingered root is the reason for my anxiety but I am certainly not going to rule out that it is the possibility. There are so many things happening in the world right now and although to produce just a little anxiety and all of them together might make a big one. However, to let anxiousness envelop me for the rest of this day or however longer is a started my cards. I'm way too selfish for that and got ready to go out and enjoy what's left of this afternoon and this brilliant autumn day…

No comments: