Saturday, October 24, 2020

Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair






 With great relief I open my mailbox today and found my ballot waiting for me. I was getting worried well until last week I was worried that I was not going to get a ballot and then after speaking with the elections committee, who mailed me out a ballot, I was worried that I was not going to get the document in time and fill it out and have it returned in time to have my vote counted.

It's kind of weird because early this summer is going to what am I responsibility rages I contacted the elections office just because I did not want to run into this kind of trauma when it was time to vote. I spoke with somebody who updated my address and my polling place. I thought I was all taken care of that's why I was surprised when everybody at the complex was getting their ballots and I was not. Finally in the moment of desperation, last week, I called Elections and found out that I had been moved to "Inactive". They also informed me that I had not been active in the last two elections which I found preposterous but it was not worth fighting and I was informed that I could get my ballot in time if I acted quickly and filled it out and send them to be counted in this election process.

This whole procedure caused me quite a bit of stress. I don't know why I even let the process just me as it did. I mean basically I don't even believe in the process especially after I learned that it's all up to the electoral college as opposed to the popular vote. I mean the popular vote doesn't mean anything but the whole point? I mean technically Hillary Clinton won the election a few elections back but because electoral college had its way what's the point? Why make the effort to go out and vote? It's stupid. But, I went to the effort amid the phone calls, I got the ballot in the mail and this morning my whole goal was to vote and to make sure if I mailed it it would get there in time which, seems like it will. I was willing to saddle up and take the bus down to the county seat but it said that I could mail as late as November 30 which is next week and my ballot would count so I just dropped in the mail and felt good about doing my duty. I confess I didn't necessarily vote to get the Democratic nominee in as much as I want to vote to get the Republican incumbent out. The president is a tyrannical, conceited, petty, sick bully that I don't want to have anything more to do with as an elected leader he is not in the sooner he's out the better as far as I'm concerned even if it's with a piece of milquetoast like Biden. Sorry, those of the choices I thought about writing somebody in But like I said what's the point?I want to wash this administration right out of my hair… If I had any here…



No comments: