Monday, December 21, 2020

Bread On The Rug

 




I shouldn't be so petty, I hate being this petty but I guess I'm just who I am. This morning when I opened the door to head out I almost ran over a loaf of bread. This is not a surprise actually especially this time a year. I wondered if it was the English lady who lives at this facility. Marjorie. She does a lot of bread baking or has in the past. There is a time when she was living miniature loaves of bread all over the building it seemed like. Bread I think in some ways is the calling card of the Christian. I was chagrined however this loaf of bread was not from the local Christians as I kind the surmised it was from the local Mormon ward. In this particular case the Mormon 10th ward. All up and down the hall was a clone of this loaf or perhaps my loaf was a clone of that loaf. Seriously, do they think that I'm going to believe that the good sisters of the 10th Ward slaved hard to produce these loaves? I mean I've made bread. There is a period where I made bread and free week, handmade at least four loaves to to for the family and two to give away. (See I'm guilty as well of passing the bread… No pun intended). Now there's no way I can prove this but each of these lows is so perfectly made, and perfectly wrapped in its little plastic bag with the printed tag that you could tell – – the least I could tell – – but these are contract loaves. I believe some local in-store bakery got the contract to produce 300 loaves – – maybe more that the going for a whole stake – – baked and putting the bags that I the elders quorum or the relief Society then stuck in the notes at the very end before they were delivered.


Like I said, I hate being so petty. It took me a bit of time to figure out a way to pick up a loaf of bread, outside my door, are used by handy-dandy folding dustpan that I use for everything that needs to be picked up off the floor which will fit into the dustpan. The loaf is fairly large and not sliced. I suppose this offers a bit of authenticity to the loaf of uncut bread but to me just another challenge of having to cut something that quads are not meant to cut. This is what used to drive me crazy as a kid my mom was in her bread baking cycle. And cut bread is never quite the same from one slice to the other and just does not do well as sandwich material. By the time I sandwich as we get to school the only thing keeping the bread together in some form of sandwich was the appeal of butter and jelly do attach to the crumbs. In my estimation the only thing homemade bread is good for his breakfast toast and soup enhancers.


Here I am your Christmas cynic, I really do love the season I love everything about the season especially the giving just not bread on the industrial scale as practiced by the Taylorsville 10th

No comments: