Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Christmas Miracle Again

 


It's nearly Christmas and I'm excited after all Christmas is Christmas. I must confess I'm a bit cynical I'm a bit cynical about everything so Christmas is a major target just the same. Having written that I think deep down I'm also a Christmas romantic. Perhaps the most pleasurable concept I have is that at Christmas everything is possible the good and the bad. Like everything else it's how we view the glass half-full or half-empty right?


I've learned that typically going to be alone at Christmas and really that's not bad. When people ask me “what are you going to do for Christmas?” I'm a bit at a loss because my gut reaction is to be truthful and say I'll probably be by myself. Especially this year with the pandemic it's a little bit more simple because people think I'm just being victim of the pandemic. But still when I say thatI will be by myself they panic like what we do for the sport civil guy? Luckily for me the just blow it off after I try to ensure to them I'm good be just fine. I get a Christmas morning make coffee, rollaround the kitchen the apartment. This'll be of course after my home health person has come and gone. Oh, that's right Christmas falls on one of my home health daysAt least I will have a shower Christmas morning and perhaps that's the best gift of all. So I know I will see one person that day even if it is a quasi-employee. This year I struggled with what to do about the Christmas dinner. As you know I tend to live in her fantasy world which is a cross between a Norman Rockwell painting and Waltons (the TV show). So to that end I tried to have everything I've always desired to have over the holidays.


I have cocoa, I have fresh coffee, I I have ham Ready to go if I needed, I have bacon if I'm energized to the point of bacon and eggs for breakfast or deli meat cold cuts. To make sure I had everything last night I went to the market and indeed I did get roast turkey ½ pound, hot mustard and Chinese hot sweet mustard, I thought about doing a prime rib roast this Christmas but you know after Thanksgiving I've decided to go the easy route so I got to beautiful prime rib steaks. I believe this will give me enough leftovers that I would just happy as a clam. I got a lot of other incidental items fresh fruit especially bananas. I wandered towards the checkout line and found one with only one person ahead of me halfway through their checkout. Oddly this was a lady who actually reached for something which is too high for me to get. I'm sure she was all filled with the Christmas spirit for helping the disabled guy. I wasn't really paying too much attention I was just trying not to do any impulse buys as I looked at the candy bars. I had so much stuff in my basket I could hardly hefted up to the checkout stand in fact the guy behind me and it uplifting up the basket. Christmas cheer filled the air I could sense of. I can almost smell the mixture of peppermint and Evergreen. Also, I heard the checkout lady and the lady in front of me talking about how wonderful the season as and instances of people paying things forward for other folks. Then the second of their Christmas Altruistic revelry She turns to me then turns back to the checker and says I will pay for his basket… And she did. And you know what? I didn't even put up a resistance, not even a faux resistance. Whom I direct somebody else was Christmas? Guiltily I wish that I'd thrown the $53 prime rib roast in the basket instead of the stakes are doubled up a lot of the other stuff I purchased one item of. Once again cynic that I am, alone that I will be I look Acknowledge another Christmas miracle…

No comments: