Sunday, December 13, 2020

Gone Pecan

 


I thought the funeral for my ex-wife Karen/Shannon was supposed to been yesterday but then I found it was actually to be today and it was. It was very do-it-yourself which I'm rather proud the kids did. The kids of course being Mark Anthony and Shelley. Mark Anthony of course has the skills and the technical department and Shelley has the skills to ramrod everything through make things get done and get done on time or at least on schedule between the both of them they pulled off. Granted, the event started a little bit later than anticipated which was okay for me entirely because I had gotten involved in something else right up to the 2 o'clock hour. I thought my system was also the presume and it would be just a matter of punching the identified area on the document Mark Anthony sent me which I thought was over “Messaging” and when I went to login I could not find the link anywhere. I thought sure I had seen the message reference on Gmail and I thought perhaps I deleted the link by mistake. Every day or so I get so many pieces of spam I just automatically go through and delete anything I don't recognize. I know had I seen the link I would not have zapped it but it wasn't there anywhere I was getting worried. I finally did find a link on my son's Facebook page which took me to Zoom itself but I cannot link up to the information that wanted “room number”. I was actually sorted getting panicky that I might miss the whole event but about 13 minutes after two something happened and all the sudden I was in the event. In my defense, I think this was just when they got around to turning on the cameras for the Zoom process took a few more minutes before everybody's home camera was muted and they began the event.


Mark Anthony was definitely the face of the operation. He was trying to act as emcee and tech guru at the same time I got to be a little bit challenging but one off okay. It was a bit different than traditional funerals for the soft on the invocation and benediction but there is very little if no religious influence on this operation which is good, I think that's what Karen/Shannon wanted. There are about 20 to 40 people who would tune in during the course of the function. It was interesting to see who is all there but isn't that typical for funerals to see who actually showed up? I was pleased at the showing even more so I was pleased at the readings and musical numbers provided by my granddaughters. Mark Anthony and shall both had great remarks and very emotional times but it was all good. There is even a holiday flavor because the way the camera was set up that got a portion of the Christmas tree offset by wood paneling on the walls looked really only an cozy I believe Karen would've been satisfied with the efforts that everyone is put in. I chose not to make any comments from the microphones were allowed to be turned on just as I did not at my aunt Elaine's recent funeral. I just quietly clicked the exit button was gone remarkably just the way we are down here is it not? One moment you are here in the next moment you're not. Life is just transition…

No comments: