Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year!


 


You know what really frustrates me? Is not ever been able to find the answers to the questions that I have at any given point in time. I don't know if it's me or what but for some reason the “capitalization” of the first letter of a new sentence no longer is working on my software. I don't think it's anything that I've done per se all I know is that it's not working way that it used to work. So of course I tried to find the solution (because I know it's just one small click of something and will go back to the way that it was). Being able to find that solution is never been my strong points regardless of computer work, math problems or anything that I need to look up it seems that rarely in my able to find the “How to” directions. I know I can't be the only person who has issues this way I just can't find the answer in all the little drop downs at the top of my screen. I feel that there's directions for everything but what I need. It's not big deal I understand just was a little irritations I have about myself.


It's New Year's Eve! I'm not anticipating any major doings. I'll be lucky to put away one alcoholic drink before bedtime. My friends on the other side of the world of have already celebrated the occasion. The Netherlands is eight hours ahead of us here in the Mountain time zone. Around 4 o'clock I got a text from my friend Elske, Elske lives in Nijmegen, Netherlands. She's having a quiet New Year's Eve at home due to the Covid. I have never been a big guy for New Year's Eve celebrations with perhaps the exception of the event I described on yesterday's post with the Gamma Rays. I hope the Rays are playing somewhere tonight. I'm just excited about going to bed waking up with the expectation of living another year on this planet.


I was kind surprised today when my cell phone pinged that it was my old friend Kent from US OR or Utah State office Of Rehabilitation. Kent is one of those nice guys who for one reason or another has survived quite well in the cutthroat environment of State Rehab. In fact I can fortunately say that for a number of years he was on my advisory board when I ran Access Utah. Kent is just decent like I said quite an anomaly in that organization. He said he wanted to stop by and give me something. That kind of spooked me. He's never actually given me anything but what the heck. I'm up to visiting with a good, old friend, on New Year's Eve. Kent had messaged me around lunchtime and by the time 4 o'clock rolled around I had nearly forgotten he was dropping by. Luckily he messaged me again as he was leaving the Buffmire building. It was great to see them. I met him at the front of the building and walking back to my apartment. He forgotten this face mask and luckily I had a spare paper variety which worked just fine. We talked to enjoy each other's company. He works for the state office that has all kinds of equipment, software and supports for computer utilization especially for people disabilities are particularly for people with disabilities. I don't know why I don't use these guys more I should and I will – – if I have a resolution this year it will be that I will useUCAT more this coming year. I especially want to utilize software like DragonDictate and be more proficient in my writing. Anyway, the best part about the visit was that Kent gave me a gift card for Smith's food! I don't know how much but I'm excited to go shopping for something I wouldn't purchase otherwise. Smith's has a great store just down the street (30 blocks) but this should be fun. Who knows what treasures I might find.


Tomorrow begins a new year. Everyone's talking about how horrible this year has been, indeed it has been on a lot of fronts. Many people of died who should not have, the pandemic ran rampant across the world and is still running. People lost jobs, homes, lives in more. But not me. In fact I got the full first $1200 stimulus money and then this morning I noticed I got the next $600 stimulus package! But continued to live independent, I'm paying my own way home health services and everything else that I need. I'm sequestered at the apartment address the terms quarantined. I don't go out much and there is not much to go out for. I'm trying to be good in as much as possible. But for me, and just for me, this year has been half bad…

No comments: