Thursday, December 17, 2020

Bus Ride To Power

 



How does it get to be Thursday already?! I know I talk about the fluidity of time too much especially as my time on this earth becomes less and less but still the passage of time or the celebrated passage of time at this point my life continues to fascinate if not terrify me.


It's 8:53 a.m. and I'm killing time waiting for the clock To get Andcloser to 10 AM when I can show up at the UATP shop at the end of Redwood Road to have to batteries installed in my power chair. I had hoped to have been in the office by now. When I was searching for batteries for this chair of mine earlier in the week I turned to these guys, who up worked with a lot in the past as a possible option. You think they would be a bit more professional having served the public as long as they have but I still get the impression the flying by the seat of their pants. I know this to some degree because I'm part of the advisory board which developed this program.


The UATP shop is open Tuesdays and Thursdays each week which totally under serves this area but I understand. The manager actually commutes between Logan Utah in Salt Lake on those days. What is said that's kind of shame for everyone involved. Anyway, when you call to do the answering machine which indicates they are open from 8 AM to 5 PM so I was expecting to be there at 8 AM. Why so early? Because when I made the commitment to purchase the batteries I also needed someone to put them in the seemed reluctant but I kept the pressure up until finally the indicated that I be there when they opened they would squeeze me in. So I agreed to be there at 8 AM after all that's what it says on their answering machine but then Robert/Stacy indicated that “no” we do not open until 10 AM. So, I don't want to be there early and have to wait outside in the elements. Fortunate for me the shop assistant on the street from my apartment complex 40 some streets. It's a straight line shot and I should have well enough battery power to get there. I'm totally hoping I run into no other problems.


Of course snow and rain is forecast for today but hopefully the weather forecaster indicates this will be later in the day and I hope to be home well before the precipitation begins. I would like to still make it to T.J. Maxx, or Rosses or some other weird little store like that which may have apartment type furniture. I'm looking for one of those towel racks you know something with pegs that you can hang your towels onto. I destroyed the tall rack I currently have in the bathroom and I've gotten permission from management to replace the towel bar with the towel rack. I've been holding off because to get to be stores would be a dangerous drain on my batteries. Now, with better batteries I can get back part of my life. Now I'm waiting for the vaccine And it's closer than ever before…


No comments: