Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Lunch Delight

 





There was just too much sunshine to stay inside today even though the temperature hovered around freezing. I washed dishes and pretty much picked up the apartment a little bit since this was the in between home health day. I worked out of the bike pumping my 50 minutes and then decided to head out . My goal for the day was to acquire some thank you cards and just do a little shopping at some of the knockoff shops like Rosses or T.J. Maxx. Fortunately for me I have both stores just a couple blocks south of my apartment complex easily accessible by Utah transit Authority. It wasn't quite lunch hour so I figured that if I so desired I would also find someplace different to eat, someplace rather than fast food.


The some felt good on my face and even better that I didn't have to wait very long for the bus arrived. The only drawback I suffered was that when I got to the bus stop I realized I did not have my mask! I was kind of shocked because I never go anywhere without face cover. Since I knew that Utah transit Authority provided riders without face coverings a free paper mask. I pulled my shirt up over my face, like a robber, imported my transport. The driver was a good mood and so was I provided me with the mask and all of a sudden I felt legal again. It's a fast trip up to 5400 S. where there are a but load of stores. I checked out Ross's first they usually have whatever I need but not today however I did enjoy looking at all the treasures they did have. It was at TJ Maxx or I found a box of thank you cards and also found just what I was looking for a box of blank greeting cards with their own little envelopes. I'm covered now. I can write thank you notes for Christmas gifts and visitations which I greatly appreciated. However with the greeting cards I'm set for writing all of next year will for a while anyway I only got 10 cards was enough to start. I want to continue making my own cards that I can do that with my stock that I use for bookmarks. I just need a small envelope which are resolved to search the Internet since I cannot find any real paper stores like there used to be. I suppose I'll have to take my chances on the Internet.


I was beginning to feel a little hungry and I decide to visit a restaurant I first started going to over 30 years ago a little hold the wall on State Street called Virg'sfish and chips. It was just a couple blocks from my office and I thought they had best fish and chips Salt Lake probably Utah's far as that goes . I lost contact with the restaurant when they closed on State Street figured that was the end for later on Dianne and I found a second Virgs out in Taylorsville. The restaurant was no longer fish and chips but a full menu would soon specializing in Mexican food as well as color breakfasts. Today, I stopped to purchase a lunch. I have learned my lesson especially a great restaurants tried to order as minimal as possible. If you have a way to carry leftovers than your okay but if you don't you're in trouble. What I remembered from this restaurant was the portions are huge. And they are. I would have loved to order enchiladas or ground beef tacos or their basic “Cheepie” of of two eggs any style, hashbrowns and toast. I figured that would be a mess to carry home I went with the hamburger a quarter pounder.


I have to admit I was a bit intimidated when the lunch came I managed to eat has and then had to nibble on the second half until it would fit in the smallest container they had. I still have a whole meal left. They also had killer tater tots. I finished my coffee bagged up my leftovers and headed for the bus. It was now late afternoon and even though the sun was still out to be turned surprisingly cold as I waited for the busand the short ride home…

No comments: