Sunday, December 27, 2020

Sunday Musings

 


Can I confess something? I think I'm addicted to television or screen watching. I don't want to say that I'm bored that I cannot keep myself occupied but truth of the matter is if I could I would be watching my screen all the time and I feel guilty that I waste time I should put quotes around waste watching. For example today I watched Guardians Of The Galaxy volumes 1 and two for probably the seventh or eighth time. Their free on Disney Plus and even if they were not of got both copies in my DVD collection that would probably watch them. Maybe it's the Covid 19 isolation thing or it's a holiday weekend I don't know all I know is that I'm sitting home, there's no place go and all I want to do is watch more media. Since the only screen that I have you don't count cell phone and tablet is my computer screen. My screen is a big screen for computer screen which lets me watch everything as you would on television. Disney plus, Amazon prime and Netflix are my three providers I don't need much more than that. In fact there is so much media streaming into my environment I am overwhelmed. Even so, there's something in my self that will not allow me to watch continually I must take break.


It's cold today the winter storm coming this next week I'm looking at spending more time than usual in the home front. Luckily I have my arm bike and I still have my trusty rickshaw out on the patio is hard to get motivated enough to unlock my door and role outside and do some pressing. I'd like to think during this time that I will be inside I could make contact with my occupational/physical therapist and do some planning for the next year. I really want to use my benefits this coming year. This year I lost my OT PT primarily from the Covid virus. There is a time there over the summer and fall that you just couldn't get into schedule physical therapy or your regular hands-on therapies. Perhaps with the vaccine that will change. But I'm going to try being proactive and let these people know how much I want services this next year. Perhaps I'm putting too much weight on the vaccine but I think things are going to get better at least on the face-to-face operations at least I'm hoping. Who knows what sucker punch might come around the corner and you all more me well enough to know that I'm not much of a pessimist to think that something else is going to intervene before we get back to anything else normal. Already it sounds like the Covid 19 is beginning to mutate and evolve in the something else. On the face of this new piece of evolution there saying that symptomatically does not seem to be much different than the original Covid like I said I'm used to a sucker punch somewhere.


Hopefully tomorrow there will not be a lot of snow. Maybe I can get out and do a few things together some experiences encourage within myself something to write about other than the cold weather, screen time and the stupid virus and political dumpster fire that continues to burn…

No comments: